4.

As usual Rafé would eat his breakfast, ignore her presence and leave for work. This was the routine. On some days he would come back late and she would already be asleep, on some days he would sleep next to her, mostly on saturdays, when he would be drunk, when he would hug her thinking she was asleep. On other days, he would simply eat food in his office, ignore her again, oh and there were the days where he would argue with Nathan when they would meet at work and then he would beat me. I was his punching bag. I was the reason he was at war with whom he had considered as his own brother. Yes, Rafé adored his cousin Nathan, but that was before me, before the lies Nathan told him , before his mother told him bullshit about me. His mother approuved of me once, but after that scandal with Nathan, all I was for them was a bitch and that fucker Nathan made sure to sabotage my image. Rafé chose to believers his cousin instead of me. I still remember the conversation we had a few days before our wedding.

"Why did you lie to me Esmontess?" Shouted Rafé , he was fuming, he even looked at me in disgust.

"Yes but, I didn't know how to tell you that we had been together. I just learned that he was your cousin Rafé, I.."

" Stop lying to me Esmontess, just stop. You knew about Nathan, I always talk about him. You are just a lying bitch, Nathan told me everything, he told me that he still loves you that you were marrying me because you had no choice , my mom even confirmed that she saw you trying to be close to him at the party the other day!"

"Why would I even lie to you. I swear Raf I didn't go to him, he was the one.."

"You know what I'll marry you, because it's already official, I'll fucking marry you and I'll make every second of this fucking mascade hard for you. You'll pay the price for lying to me.Bitch." He had said before leaving.

Since that day he had kept a grudge against me and Nathan. He still thinks that we see each other behind his back, that's what Nathan tells him, he provokes Rafé at every single family gathering or at the office. As per my souvenirs, he once told me when he was drunk that Nathan told him to cancel the wedding, that he wanted me, to marry me but Rafé refused. He chose to marry me and make me suffer.

However, today would be a good day, unlike the other days of the week where she would sat at home binging netflix series , Esmontess had decided that today she would sneak out of the house, Rafé always had to know her whereabouts and it this was the main reason why she stayed home as he would always be suspicious of her. But today, her husband would be busy with an NGO and he would be home very very late. This was what she had overheard him saying on the phone this morning.

Esmontess was standing in front of her closet, deep in thoughts. She would not take the chauffeur today and she wanted to dress nice not all covered as usual. She chose ro wear a mini blue denim skirt along with a white off shoulder blouse. After putting on a little bit of mascara and gloss, she put on her marroon belt and boots before taking her bag and coat as she had decided to stay out till late in the evening.
Esmontess locked her front door and went to the bus stop. She was hungry and decided to go to the mall. The plan for the day was to eat a maximum of what she likes , watch a movie, watch sunset at the beach then have dinner at Macy's , a known restaurant who serves great chinese food. Then of course ,
a moelleux au chocolat as desert to finish her great day.

Little did she know that she her little adventure would be her worst nightmare. How would she have known that this time, maybe she should have taken the chauffeur and told her husband about her whereabouts.

Love, A