Chapter 13

My heart skips a beat when he screams my name amidst the loud noises that come along through the phone. I recollect myself and answer.

"Zayn?" I ask cautiously, and he hums.

"Hmm", he hums flirtatiously, "Can I ask you something?" His voice turns serious, and my thoughts go back to what I did earlier today. Only if I had enough self-control.

"No." I answer unhappily. I don't want to answer something that I don't quite have my mind around. I don't have an explanation for what I've been doing.

"Why don't you like me, Liz?" He is clearly drunk, as I hear him at the verge of crying on the other side.

"I didn't say I don't like you." I fail at forming smart words, as I feel a lump rising in my throat.

"But you wanted me to leave you alone!" Zayn screams on the other side, leaving me surprised. I wonder how many bottles he had already gulped in.

"Sorry." I huff under my breath, and he groans. His behaviour doesn't seem normal for him. Honestly, he sounds pretty wasted. I don't know a lot about him, but he always manages to keep up his pride and sarcasm but right now he sounds pretty hurt. I mentally curse myself for leading him here.

Suddenly, sound of mewling and coughing can be heard, after which I'm pretty sure he's puking at his own feet. I hear people cheer in the background, mostly girls drunk as fuck. I closely listen, but the only sounds i hear are his groans and coughing.

"Zayn, are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

The only answer I get is the noise from the drunkards and shitty rock music.

"Zayn?" I ask again, the octaves of my voice higher this time.

When I get no answer, I hang up. My hands fiddle nervously with the phone. I wonder if he passed out in that dirty pit of alcoholics and unintelligent kids. Should I go over to get him? Or should I just ignore him for that's what I decided?

After debating my thoughts thoroughly, I end up changing into a neat pair of black skin tights, matched with a grey tank top. I put on a black leather jacket for the sake of safety. You never know with drunkards. I type on my phone nervously-

"Send me the address." To Lauren. Asking Zayn would be wrong, or probably of no use right now. He probably isn't aware where he is.

I wait for minutes for her to text back, as I hurriedly get to my car. After getting no response, I decide to call her. My finger hovers over the "Call" button in confusion, but I finally let it touch the screen. She picks up after a few attempts.

"Hi Lizzie!" She speaks in a little girl's voice, only to assure me she's drunk too. However, there's not enough noise that disturbs our conversation. I wonder how.

"Text me the address." I basically spat at her.

"What address?" She chuckles mindlessly.

"Wherever this party is." I settle inside the car, putting on the seatbelt.

"Finally, you're coming!" She cheers, and I roll my eyes. I nod to myself as I stare at my reflection in the rear-view mirror.

"Text me." I hang up, and start the engine driving off out of the parking area.

My phone chimes in no time. I look at the address, which is obviously a place I've never heard of. Being new in Manchester has only led me to depend shamelessly on Siri for all my locational needs. Thankfully, she mentions a popular pub just a few blocks away from the place, which helps Siri and me to drive without ending up nowhere.