chapter four

It was a few days later. Sam was laying on his bed, thinking about how he and James still hadn't ridden on the board together yet. It was a weekend so that ment neither of them had anything to do.

Sam picked his phone up off the nightstand and clicked on James's number, it only ringing a few times before being answered.

"Hello, Sam" 

"Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out, I can come pick you up?"

"God- yes, it's so boring here"

"'Kay, be over in a few" 

"Thank goodness. See ya soon, loser"

"See ya soon, idiot" Sam said then hung up. He jumped out of bed and pocketed his phone; keys; wallet, and earbuds.

He snatched his board from where it layed propped on the wall before dashing out his room and down the stairs.

His mom was in the living room watching Sherlock, he skipped behind the couch and leaned over the back, giving his mom a peak on the cheek "I'm going out, see ya"

"Have fun but be careful, alright?" She called to her son who was already opening the door "got it!" He smiled before leaving.

Board hit the ground and he hopped on, pushing with ease along the ground. It would be about 10 when he got there, so maybe he and James could grab lunch while they were out.

Hopping off the board he knocked on the front door, seconds later the door was opened by a brown hair boy hopping as he struggled slightly to get his shoe on with one hand. He stomped his heel on the floor a few times before turning to Sam with a widespread grin across his face.

"Where we goin'?"

"To the park"

"Sounds good"

---
299 words.
Jul. 19. 2022.