𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴, 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦

GINEVRA KNEW SHE WAS NOT THE FAVOURITE. Even from a young age, it was obvious. Everyone grew to love Charlotte 'Lottie' Rose Weasley. Ginny liked to believe it was because Charlotte was the youngest. However, she knew the true answer.

And, what did the Weasleys love about Ginny?

Nothing.

Absolutely, fucking, nothing. They didn't despise her, they just... didn't adore her as they did with her sister. So, from the tender age of four, Ginny started to despise her sister.

//

They were always being compared. It started when they were a year old. 

"Wottie," Ginny said, not yet mastering the 'l' sound. 

She only got a reaction from her sister, the rest of the family being away or fussing over Charlotte. Lottie had not stopped smiling for a whole week after that one word. 

A month later, the first word had escaped from the youngest.

"Mama!" Lottie cried.

The whole family exploded. Not literally.

"Arthur, dear!" Molly gasped. "I always knew our little Lottie was special! Ginny, say mama." 

Ginny hadn't uttered a word.

"It's fine Gin-Gin," Bill said, kneeling next to Lottie. "You'll get it soon."

As a faster learner than her sister, Ginny attempted to walk over. She made it halfway before she fell down.

"Mama!" Lottie yelled, clapping her hands, joyously.

Again, Lottie did not stop smiling for the whole week.

It was continuous. "Ginny, Lottie wouldn't do that," or "be more like your sister!"

And man, was it annoying.

At the age of ten, Ginny started pranking people and developed a temper. Lottie, being the 'calm' and 'kind' one with no temper, tried to get her sister out of that phase. 

Obviously, Ginny would have thought her sister had some brains. Pranking was not a phase. Well. To her, at least. It was a hobby that got the attention of people. So what if she was an attention-starved maniac. She could've chosen a different hobby like being a child murderer. A path that was hundreds upon hundreds way worse than her current one.

Sometimes— most of the time, Ginny didn't think her sister had common sense. Then again, Lottie was the pretty one with one brain cell, who had a good sense of fashion and had everyone wrapped around her stubby little finger.

"Morning, GG," Lottie yawed, brushing her hair.

God.

Ginny detested that nickname. Not that she could say that. She would get in trouble for hurting poor little Lottie's feelings. But honestly, GG? What the heck was that nickname? Good game for what, being the least favourite child in the whole family?

"Morning, Rose," she grumbled, throwing her covers to the side. See? That was a way better nickname. 

"We're dropping the boys off at King's Cross, today," Lottie said, getting up. Ginny rubbed her eyes, noticing what Gryffindor-like clothes her sister was wearing. Red, gold everywhere. It was a lot— even for a person who was destined to be in Gryffindor. "Might wanna get up, we're leaving soon."

Ginny let out an incoherent agreement and got up, walking over to her wardrobe. She took a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, out. Okay. She had the brains but not the style. At least she admitted to that.

The two walked down together.

"Morning, Mummy," Lottie beamed, walking over to her mother and giving her a hug. A mummy's girl and daddy's girl.

"Morning, Lottie," Molly replied. "Don't you look lovely!"

"Why thank you!" she said, taking a seat at the table. They were the last ones down.

"Morning, Ginny," Molly called from the kitchen.

"Morning, Mother," Ginny mumbled, taking a seat next to Ron.

"Stop mumbling, Ginevra Weasley! You never hear Charlotte doing that, do you?" Molly scolded.

Compared, again.

Ginny bit back a retort and stabbed her fork down onto the plate.

"Are you happy to be going to Hogwarts, Ron?" Lottie asked, swallowing.

"Yeah, whatever," Ron answered, through a mouthful of food. Ginny winced, no manners for him. She hoped Hogwarts would teach him some.

Wait.

That... that vile, manner-less, dunce!

He stole my pumpkin juice!

She kicked her brother but ended up missing because the dunce shifted his leg to grab another spoonful of potatoes. Her foot connected with Lottie's leg with a small thwack.

"Ow! What was that for Ginny?" Lottie yelped, jumping in her seat.

"So, so sorry, dear sister," Ginny apologized in what she hoped was a sincere enough tone. Payback for getting me in trouble. "I meant to hit Ron! He stole my pumpkin juice!"

"Ginevra, you do not kick people, especially your younger sister!" Molly scolded, for the second time.

"It's alright, Mum," Rose cut in.

"Well, we better get going, then. PERCY, FRED, GEORGE, HURRY UP!" Molly shouted, taking the plates and utensils off the table.

//

"C'mon, Platform nine and three-quarters, this way!" Molly addressed, a train of gingers, trailing behind. Lottie clutched her mother's hand while Ginny walked alongside her sister.

Out of the corner of her eye, Ginny saw a boy with an owl on his platform trolley following them.

"Excuse me!" the boy said, timidly, after he had seen three gingers go through a wall. "Could— could you tell me... how to—" he cut off, nodding his head towards the platform.

"Wha— how to get onto the Platform? Yes," Molly laughed, seeing the boy nod. "Not to worry, dear, it's Ron's first time to Hogwarts, as well." Ron nodded when his mother addressed him. "Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms nine and ten. Best do it at a run if you're nervous."

Ginny opened her mouth to wish the boy (a boy she found quite cute) some luck.

"Good luck," Lottie beat her to it, smiling sweetly. The boy blushed and looked to the ground, taking off.

Molly ushered her daughters away after Ron had gotten onto the Platform.

-

i'm back, suckas! this chapter is short compared to what i hope are longer chapters in the future. i don't know why I didn't post this fic earlier. any love interests for ginny?? other than harry of course unless you really want me to