dust part 1 and part 2

In this story, the byers never moved out of Hawkins and anything happened (the mindflyer, will was never missing...) but el is in the story, somehow...

***

Mike and will were hanging out at castle byers.

Somehow, mike managed to help will to build again castle byers after that fight that they had. Neither of them wants to talk about it, but will still thinks that it was a huge detail that mike helped him to re-build this place.

Will was drawing on a piece of paper on the floor, while mike was sitting down, acting like he wasn't watching but he was.

He always adored the way that will drew. He used a extense color palette, and he had good artistic skills, taught by himself. At least that's what will said. That he learned to draw without nobody's help.

Will was painting the last touches of the drawing, when they heard a thunder that came from afar. Will already knew that it meant that it was going to rain soon. But mike thought that it was probably nothing. He just stood there, staring, he was concentrated in will's drawing.

Will raised his gaze from the drawing, looking at mike. "Have you heard that?" Will asked. "Wha- nope, it's probably nothing." Mike acted like he wasn't looking at what will was drawing, but will already knew what he was doing.

"My drawing is interesting huh?" Will asked, turning back to his drawing. Mike felt his face heat up. 'Oh shit, he knows' mike thought. "Y-yeah, you have really good artistic skills." Mike finally spoke out.

In will's face was a small grin, from mike's comment.

The wind that brought the storm, brought dust too. That were small particles that seemed to enter into the inside of castle byers. "Shit- there's a storm coming?!" Mike finally realized. And he kneeled besides will.

Will ignored mike's comment in purpose. 'Of course, i said it already.' Will thought while he was trying to focus on his drawing.

Without any warning, a lightning bolt crashed far from there. But it was strong enough to scare Mike. Which he instantly tried to hide on the corner of the inside of castle byers.

"Scared of lightning, wheeler?" Will asked. And he softly laughed. Mike just stared at him, terrified. Will decided to leave the drawing over the table and he aproached Mike.

"Don't worry, it's just lightning. It's really difficult for it to fall over us." Will said, trying to reasure Mike.

Another bolt fell, and mike tried to hide in himself. Will rested a hand on Mike's knee. Trying to gently shove it off, to see mike's face. But mike didn't want to, he just wanted to stay hidden forever.

So will just sat down beside him, with his head on mike's shoulder. He gave a small pat on Mike's head and he just stood in that position.

Will moved a little bit, hugging mike as fas as he could. Trying to make him feel safe.