Chapter 8 Changing plans

So, what are your plans for Christmas? Harry asked the blonde.

They were in the Library pretending to look for books in the shelf.

I don't know. Nothing maybe. I'm staying here for Christmas. I don't like to go Home. I've already told you, right? Father will be there. He'll make me do things i don't wanna do. Draco said uninterested.

By that Harry knew exactly what he meant.

Yeah,right. He said thinking.

So, what are your plans? Going to the Weasly"s like usual? He asked changing the subject.

Umm i was thinking about that. I feel like staying here too. Don't know why. Harry said looking at the the book he was holding.

This time Draco looked at him.

Really? Then stay. Then i won't have to be alone. We can do fun things, okay? Can go for adventures. Draco said wiggling his eyebrows.

Harry laughed at that. Then he looked around searching if someone heard him.

It"s not confirmed, you know. I need to talk to Ron about this. But I'll let you know. Harry said.

Yeah fine. Draco said.

After that they both went to different tables and did their work.

*****

Harry Pov

I was sitting on the common room with Ron and Hermione.

I need to tell them that I'm not gonna spend Christmas in the burrow.

I don't know if I'm making the right decision, but i feel like i should be here.

So i decided.

Hey. I need to tell you guys something. I said having the courage to actually tell them.

They both looked at me encouraging me to continue.

That is umm-- i think I want to be here for Christmas for a change. I didn't know how to tell them making it less awkward. So i just told them directly.

Ron was surprised and Hermione looked at me suspiciously.

Why, mate? You always celebrate Christmas with us. So what happened now? Ron asked still couldn't believe what i said.

I don't know. But i really want to be here this year. I just want to. I said searching for words in my head.

Hermione was still looking at me without saying anything.

It"s okay, mate. I respect your choice. But what will i tell my mom when she asks me about you? Ron asked exasperatedly.

Ha tell her that i wish her Merry Christmas. And that i don't feel like celebrating this year. I know she will understand. I said.

Hmm i don't know. But I'll tell her you said that. Ron said before leaving for the quidditch practice.

After he left i was going for a walk when Hermione stopped me.

Harry, i know that something is going on with you lately. She said knowingly. She paused for a moment and said.
But it's okay if you don't want to tell us. But whatever it is we'll always gonna be there for you.

She gave me a reassuring smile and i gladly smiled back at her.

She is really understanding.

I want to tell her about my friendship with Draco. But i don't know how it will affect him if he finds out. It won't hurt to wait some more time.

******

Draco Pov

I was sitting on my bed with Blaise.

Are you sure, Draco? That you don't wanna go home? Blaise asked.

I"m sure. I need peace, Blaise. And you know about my situation. If i go there, he will gonna make me do something i don't wanna do. I said looking both sad and helpless.

I know about your father, Draco. That's why i asked you. You sure he won't cause trouble here if you don't go? Blaise asked.

I don't think he'll come here. And i already sent a letter to mother that i won't be there for Christmas. I hope she'll handle it with father. And it's not like I'll be missed there or something. I scoffed saying that.

I think your mother will miss you. Blaise said knowingly.

I looked away from him. I know my Mother loves me. But we are not in good terms because of my Father. What ever my Father says that's the final decision for her. I tried to talk her out of it. But she won't understand. But this time i hope she'll handle it.

Draco? You're spacing out a lot. Anyways won't you feel alone here ? Me and Pansy won't be here. Blaise said causing me to scoff.

Do you think that matters to me ? I will be alone even if i go home. So it's better to stay here. I said.

Blaise nodded and went back to his business.

And once again I'm spacing out.

But this time it's because of Harry. It's not sure that he'll stay. But i really hope that he will. That way i will have company and more importantly i can get to know him more.

I smiled at my own thought.

*****

That day while having dinner, they both looked at each other.

Draco looked around to make sure no one is looking at them.

Then mouthed. Did you talk to Ron?

Harry nodded looking around.

So will you stay here? Draco mouthed again hoping that he'll say yes.

Harry looked at him apologetically. At this Draco"s face dropped. But he regain his composure in the next moment and made a poker face.

But at that moment Harry smiled and mouthed. Yes.

Draco"s smiled unknowingly.

So he asked again to confirm. Are you serious?

Harry nodded still smiling. And went back to the conversation with his friends.

Draco felt relieved. In this way he can bond with his new friend more.

At last he was happy that they were both friends.

He never felt more happy.