A New Job

Akane's POV:

Mai came home super excited and jumped on me as I was on the couch. "Naru wants us to come work for him! He said we need to come sign some paperwork!" She was practically glowing from happiness and excitement. "Mai you can take this job, but you have to keep up with your schoolwork." I tell her seriously. She nodded really fast. "Ok let's go then." 

~~~(Timeskip)~~~

We got there with Mai, and we walked into the cozy office. I started the conversation. "Hello Shibuya and Lin, I did say we would most likely see each other again soon. I do have a few things I need if we are to work for you. I do have another job and Mai has school. These are nonnegotiable and will need to be prioritized. Mai school will let her leave to work and are flexible. My job is mainly evenings, and they are extremely flexible."

 I tell the men Infront of me.  "Understandable. Mis-" I interrupted him "Please just Akane. You make me feel like an old lady we are around the same age." he looks a little annoyed that interrupted him "Fine Akane your requests have been heard. The job entails you doing desk work and field work and as you've seen, and experienced injuries are likely to happen." I nod "Yeah I understand." 

He then gave Mai and I contracts to us. I read through it looking for key words that would make this a big nope. They looked good so we filled them out and I signed as her guardian. "Looks like we are now in your care Shibuya. It's a pleasure to work with you both. We will see you tomorrow for our first official day."

 They nodded as Mai was next to me bouncing in excitement. "Alright Mai we need to get going so I can talk to Maru and the school." she nodded "Bye Naru see you tomorrow!" she said running out I slowly behind her still on the crutch.

~~~~(Timeskip)~~~~

It was the next day. Mai and I met here after her school was done. We both got a small desk and had to organize paperwork. Naru found out Mai was good at making Tea. She now is being called every other hour for tea. I laughed internally. I got up and grabbed two cups of hot tea I made so she didn't have to get up. 

"Shibuya here's your tea." I said placing it down Infront of him. I then left and knocked on Lin's door before entering. "I thought some tea might be nice. I know that Shibuya has had several now, but you haven't." I said placing it Infront of him. He nodded in thanks. I left closing the door again.

I went back to my desk and saw it was time for us to go. "Goodbye Shibuya, Lin. We are leaving!" Mai grabbed her stuff, and I grabbed my wallet and phone. We went home Mai did her homework. We ate dinner and went to bed. "I wonder what this will bring for us?" I asked myself aloud as sleep took me.

~~~~(Dream)~~~~

I looked to see Shibuya's look alike. "Hello again." he smiled at me "Hello again. How did you know that I wasn't Shibuya?" I looked at him slightly tilting my head "Your eyes. The feelings in them are so different." he looked intrigued "Also the aura you give off is different." he nodded slowly understanding. "What's your name?" I asked wanting something other than look alike to call him "Gene. My names Gene." I smile "I'm Akane. Gene I feel like we will be good friends." he looked surprised "See you soon Gene!" I say to him as I feel myself being pulled back to reality. "See you soon Akane." He said as I was almost completely gone.