Dexter Plans The Show

Carol, Aaron, and Dexter were in Dexter's studio talking. They were having a good conversation about the coming tour.

Carol asked Dexter, "So are we going to talk about how you fired me and then begged me to come back?" 

Dexter shot her a smile and said, "What is there to say?"

"Why did you fire me Dexter?"

"You know why I fired you. You couldn't make up your mind. Hell, I don't even know if you have made up your mind now."

"I'm here ain't I?" Carol said.

"Yeah, well, I know for a fact that Mary don't want to have anyting to do with you?" 

"And how do you know that?" Carol asked.

"A little birdie told me." He then looked over at Aaron.

"Come on let's get back to work. We don't need to rehash a bunch of stuff from the past."

"Yeah, you want to change the subject now." Dexter said.

"I agree, why you want to change the subject now?" Carol said with a smile.

Carol's phone buzzed. It was Tommy.

"I really need to take this."

"We are working, we can't take a break." Aaron said.

"Who is it anyway that is more important than our work?" Dexter asked.

Carol knew they were just talking about her vacillating between Living Praise and Dexter. She didn't want to tell him who it was. 

"It's your studio, you ain't payed for no time."

"Oh I paid for it. Why don't you want to tell me who it is."

"It's my mother, happy, I really gotta take this." Carol lied. She then jumped up and ran out the room into the hallway.

"Tommy, it is so good to hear from you."

"Carol, the group wanted me to call you to ask you to come into the studio to sing the song, I don't want to go." Carol said in a businesslike manner.

Carol felt a jolt of happiness.

Tommy continued, "We are not asking you to join Living Praise, it is just that Linda is having a few issues with singing the song and we are just asking you to do this favor for us."

"Favor?"

"You will be compensated." Tommy said.

"No that's not what I was saying Tommy, why are you acting like this?"

"How should I be acting?"

"Can I talk to Linda?" Carol asked.

"Why do you want to talk to Linda?"

"Come on Tommy." Carol said.

A click came on the line and Linda said, "Hello Carol." 

"What's this stuff about you not being able to hit a note, I know for a fact your range is greater than mine." Carol said.

"She said she couldn't hit a note and now you are questioning her?" Tommy said.

"I thought I was talking to Linda." Carol said.

"I and Mary voted to go with Belinda Stafford, but Linda, Lester, and Ricky said call you, and they asked me to..."

"You don't have to go into all that Tommy." Linda said to Tommy.

"She is the one asking questions, I'm telling her the whole story."

Carol felt tears welling up in her eyes.