The Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh Away

Carol drove up to the concert. The lot showed that it wasn't full, but there were a good amount of people there. 

She parked and got out of the car and saw a little line in front of the ticket office. She saw Tommy, Linda, Tina, and Mary standing in one of the lines.

"There she is, the star of the night." Tommy said as she walked over to them.

"Shut up Tommy." Carol said as she playfully jabbed him in the side.

"I was hoping we would get the chance to see you." Mary said.

Carol hugged the group one by one. She was truly happy to see them. One thing she knew about Living Praise, they did support each other.

"I told Mary yall didn't have to come." Carol said.

"Now you know we had to come. By the way, Lester and Ricky wish they could be here, but Lester was already out and Ricky was out of town. They send their love." Mary said.

"I ain't worried about that, but it is really good to see you all." Carol said. 

Tommy looked at them and said, "Looking at Tina got me nostalgic. If David were here, it would be a reunion." 

"Now there you go starting something." Tina said.

"So are we gonna get to meet Dexter Thomas?" Mary asked.

"I don't know, but I will try to set it up. I do think I need to get back and see what Dexter has planned." Carol said as she started walking to the back entrance. 

Tina began to walk with her. "Now where you going?" Mary asked Tina. 

"OH, Carol was told to bring her man, so since she ain't got no man, she asked me." Tina answered.

"Now why you gotta tell all my business?" Carol said.

The group laughed.

"But I think something might be going on between her and Dexter, but you didn't hear that from me." Tina said.

"You do know I'm standing right here and can hear everything you saying?" Carol said.

They laughed. 

"Come on Girl." Carol said as she walked back and grabbed Tina by the arm to lead her back to the entrance.

They walked for a few steps before Tina said, "I really miss those guys. I still love me some Living Praise." 

"Yeah." Carols aid absentmindedly.

Her mind was still trying to figure out what could be the surprise. 

When they got to the back door a tall broad black man that looked like a professional football offensive lineman was dressed in a suit with a clipboard in hand. 

"Who are you?" The man asked in a matter of fact way as he looked on the clipboard. 

"Carol Mace and a guest," Carol said.

"Oh, go right in Ms. Mace, Mr. Thomas is waiting for you. Please knock on his door."

The man gave Carol and Tina a back stage pass that fit around their neck. He then opened the door for them. They walked in. 

It was a small long hallway. 

"It is the third room on the right." The man said.

It wasn't long before they were at the door. It had written on it Dexter Thomas. 

Carol knocked on the door and nothing happened. She knocked again, and the door flew open, "What do you, I told you not to bother me...oh,Carol."

There stood Dexter half dressed and kind of out of breath. He quickly jumped out of the room and shut the door behind him.