𝟯𝟮. 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗛𝗨𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗛

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

THIRTY TWO | ONE LAST HURRAH

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIONNE!"

A young girl squealed in Paul's arms as several cameras clicked to capture the moment, clapping her hands as everyone around her erupted into cheers and laughter. The child then reached out to wrap her arm around Natasha's shoulder, bringing her closer to both her and Paul for the next picture that was going to be taken.

"Alright, smile!"

"Hey, hey!" roared someone behind Cassandra who was silently sipping her orange juice in the corner, indulging in the charm of the kiddie party and observing the happy couple who was in front of the banquet and a four tier Black Widow themed cake. Yes, there was a whole banquet ready for everyone to feast on. Paul did not hold back from spending his cash, both on this party and the compound he recently had built in his newly acquired land. The orphanage foundation's building was as big as the Avengers compound. "You're seriously taking a family photo without me? I'm offended, mom and dad. I'm your unofficial son."

Her eyes slid to a tall man with a very unique hairstyle, a chic mullet style and tips that seemed to have been inspired from the 1980s. He looked like he was in his early twenties and very close to Paul and Natasha since the couple both pulled him and settled him in their middle, making them look like a happy family. "Come here then, unofficial son." Natasha chuckled as she nodded to the photographer. The young male easily made it that he was Natasha and Paul's adult son with the way he behaved. With a goofy smile, he raised two peace signs just as the camera captured the moment.

Screaming swarms of children ran around the event hall as bubbles floated in the air and colorful balloons drifted around aimlessly on the floor among the discarded wrapping paper Black and red banners were draped on the top of each door. Dionne, one of the Hope Orphanage Foundation's children, requested that she had a Black Widow themed party hence, the cake and the banners. Natasha Romanoff was Dionne's favorite superhero. Needless to say, the child looks up to her greatly.

Swirling her glass, Cassandra approached Rhodes, Thor, and Vesper who were reciting their funny experiences in life to the groups surrounding them. "And then, I said, 'boom! You looking for this?'" Rhodes dramatized, causing his crowd of children to cheer and clap to his story. The dark-skinned man nodded, seemingly proud of himself.

"And so, my idiotic brother thought it was good to confront this huge alien blob with one eye alone." Vesper told the bunch of young adults circling around her, her arms crossed over her chest.

"What did you do?" One of the boys questioned, curious.

"Of course, being the older sister that I was..."