Chapter 3: So we meet again

His eyes snapped to me and the filled with bitter coldness. He looked the same as he had that night two years ago. Maybe a little older. His hair was a bit shorter, still tousled to look messy just so. I froze and went rigid. His eyes flickered to Aidan in my arms and the narrowed angrily.

"Adam, this is Dakota and Aidan," my father said waving us forward. I stepped forward, pulling my lips into a tight smile.

"It's a pleasure to see you again Alpha," I murmured shaking his hand.

"The pleasure's all mine. I do hope you're feeling better - the last time we met you were quite ill." He said smilingly kindly. My stomach tightened.

"Yes thank you, I am feeling much better. Aidan, can you say hello to Alpha Adam?"I said looking down at a shy Aidan.

"Hi." He mumbled and buried his face in my neck, "Momma," he whined softly. Xavier whipped his head to look at us and he gave me a look of pure disgust. I felt a piece of my heart break, again. No it's not what you think.

"You're fine," i murmured back to him.

"Dakota, Aiden. This is Brent, my pack's future Beta."

"Hey," he said, giving me a nod.

"Then these two are Drake and Austin. The third and fourth." They mumbled their greetings and continued looking around them.

"Finally, this is my son Xavier, the future Alpha." Xavier looked at me and his jaw clenched, before he looked away.

"Hello." he said tensely still not looking at me.

"Hi," i replied softly.

"Seth, why don't you show our guests to their rooms? Here is all their school information for them," My father said holding four folders out to Seth. He shook his head.

"Sorry dad, Ian and I gotta meet coach to talk about how we'll run practice. Is it alright if they come by at 6?" I internally groaned. They'd have a two hour practice and then they'll want dinner. By that time, Aidan will need to go to sleep and I'll have to get up to clean up after them. I don't want him to wake up alone. Not to mention they'll be loud and rambunctious and probably keep him up.

"That's fine. Will they be staying for dinner?"

"Yeah."

"Dakota you will need to make extra."

"Yes sir." I said lowering my gaze. "Alpha Adam will you be joining us for dinner this evening?"

"No Dakota, but thank you. I should be heading back. Thank you for everything Lincoln. If he gets to be too much of a pain in the ass, feel free to send him back. I'll be calling in for weekly reports."

"Absolutely Adam, no problem." My dad said nodding.

"Xavier, I'm leaving. Stay out of trouble. I mean it. You got into enough at home. Don't give them any issues." Oh?

"Yeah Dad, I got it." Xavier said scowling. My dad led Adam to the door.

"So what team are you on?" Xavier asked looking at Seth.

"Sissy? Can I have some juice please?" Aidan whispered in my ear.

"Shhh of course baby." I led him over and plopped him on the counter. I reached up and stood on my tip toes to grab his sippy cup.

"Football. Ian and I are captains. The rest of the guys here play on the team."

"Really?" Brent said, "Because the four of us were hoping to join."