Chapter 1: 2 years Later

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep. I groan and roll over, turning off my alarm clock. I look and it reads six am. I open my eyes and mentally curse myself for not closing my curtains as the morning sunshine is filtering in. I sigh and turn over to look out the windows that the ride side of my bed is set against.

It has been two years since that fateful night. After the death of my mother, a sort of gloom settled over the pack. Typically for a were when, their mate dies, they are soon to follow, however my father is still here. That night we last more than 45 pack members in the battle. Despite being able to overwhelm the rogues in terms of numbers, they had been well trained, much stronger, and equipped with more advanced technology. My dad was no longer the kind and carefree man i used to know. He was no longer 'Daddy' he was father or Alpha, by his own request. He usually ignored me. I was no longer his little girl. I think he was upset that I looked so much like my mom, that it was like everywhere he looked she was still there. So most of the time he ignored me or never acknowledged me.

My brother however, was much worse. He was angry. At the world, the Moon Goddess, me. Everyone. Himself. Or he was until he met his mate, Olivia. He blamed me for my mothers death. If I had been in a right state I could have defended myself, she wouldn't have to save me. Father also delayed his taking over of the pack by three years. Usually the heir of an Alpha assumes the position at eighteen, but due to Seth's irresponsibility that night, father has made him wait until he's twenty one. He blames himself, convinced that if he had stayed with me, he could have defended me, and mother wouldn't have come running. Now we were seniors in high school, and he was the football captain and star quarterback. He was the popular jock and everyone loved him. But he hated me and was frequently mean to me. He pushed me around a bit and made fun of me or humiliated me, but he never abused me or anything.

Seth was manipulative. In the first year after everything happened, my father was very distracted and just trying to pick himself and what was left of his pack up. Seth took advantage of him and told him that he would be a better player and would learn to lead his men better, if all of his friends were allowed to move from the packhouse or their own houses, into ours. And father, being so eager for Seth to learn to lead agreed. So now fifteen of Seth's friends live with us. And who was left to take care of the house and everyone in it? That's right me.

After that day, my friends all felt I was very fragile, and that they had to tiptoe around me. Others blamed me for the death of their Luna. So naturally I lost a majority of my friends. The only real one I have left is Lily and she's practically my sister. She lives in the house next door with her parents, while Ian lives with us. But she comes over as often as she can. About six months ago she met her mate Dustin, a nice guy who had just moved to our pack. He was friendly to me, but I'd never really spent a good amount of time with him. Olivia was also very nice to me when she was around our house and not with Seth. He of course tried to convince her I was the cause of my mother's death, but she never believed it.

Aidan was now almost three years old. He had dark blonde hair and bright green eyes. That night, we found him fast asleep in his crib. My father was so upset with my mom's death, that he couldn't even bring himself to take care of Aidan, his own son. So I stepped in. Aidan was a bundle of energy, but so stinking cute. He had the kindest heart and always wanted to help anyway he could. I always bring him to the pack day care center while I was at school, and they loved him there. I pick him up on my way home, and he'll tag along with me to do errands. Basically, I've become Aidan's mother- he even started calling me Momma. I told him to call me sissy instead, but he sometimes slips up which is understandable- he's little. He does have one best friend and his name is Logan. Logan's mother was also rejected, but not until after her mate got her pregnant. Lacey was friendly with me, but we weren't very close. Though we always stopped to chat when the boys had playdates.