Ch. 4 ) Daddy Issues

────────── ·  ·  ·  ·  ♡

It has been two weeks since Damian and Anya started studying together. Through out that time, they started to get a bit more comfortable around each other, and Anya has been learning a lot from Damian's teachings. Right now, Damian is in his dorm, about to make a call. He waits for them to pick up. 

"Hello?" His brother, Demetrius Desmond, was on the other side of the line.

Damian gets a bit nervous, but tries to calm himself down. "Hey, Demetrius." He stiffens up.

"What is it?" His tone was very aloof.

Could he be anymore cold??  "Well it's just that.. Father hasn't been showing up to the Imperial Scholar Mixer for some time." Damian is currently an imperial scholar. However, Anya has yet to achieve this goal as well. "...I was wondering if you knew why?" 

There was a long pause. "Father is very busy. You should know that." 

He got more nervous. "I-I know, but it's been so long since I've last seen him." Father.. why don't you come see me anymore? You would go to every mixer for Demetrius. Why not me?  He gripped the phone tighter. "Could you at least let him know that I want him to come to the meeting this year?" 

Demetrius stayed quiet for a bit. "I'll let him know." 

"Okay. Thanks.." 

"But just remember, Father doesn't like it when nuisances disturb his work."

Damian was stunned. Am I being a burden to Father?  "I understand..." His expression appeared neutral, but his heart felt really heavy. 

"Anything else?" Damian's brother asked.

He loosened his grip on his phone. "No, that's all." 

"Okay. Bye." The call ends, and Damian is left there, standing alone in his room. He stared at the 'Call has ended' screen, with an empty mind. 

He walks to his desk, and sits down on the chair to start studying again, doing his usual daily routine. All of what he does is dedicated towards school. Damian set his phone down at his desk and just sat there for a moment, staring at his textbooks. Feeling really depressed, but he doesn't want to give into it. I have to keep going.. He picks up his pen. I need to be better, so that Father will praise me again.

The boy looked over to his notes, noticing that some of the notes Anya made were there. Huh? He grabs them. Did that moron left her notes behind?? Ugh, she's so irresponsible! I'll have to tell her about this when I see her again. He glances at his phone. Speaking of which, we don't have each other's numbers.. Not like I need her number anyways.

Damian looks through the notes she has made, they're not that good and seem really lazy. She can't even take notes properly. I'll have to fix that. He puts the notes back in his bag, so he can give it to her tomorrow.

Whatever, I need to focus! That shrimp takes up enough of my time as it is. He forces himself to start studying. Father is what's most important to me. I must impress him! 

He continues to stay up all night trying to study.

·  ·  ·  · ────────────────────── ·  ·  ·  ·