Chapter 2 : It's Cloudy Now.

I stared at Mrs.Johnson,watching her very much enthusiastic expressions as she eagerly explained something about molecular structures in Chemistry class. Since school year just started,we're still covering the basic stuff we already did in our IGCSEs.

I couldn't concentrate at all,I felt so fucking self conscious at the moment,even though I knew no one was staring at me or paying attention. Chad sat on my left, with Kate sitting next to me on the right,scrolling through her Instagram, which apparently seemed more interesting to her than chemistry.

I don't blame her, we are all getting easily distracted today, Chad was writing down notes,because at least one of us had to do it so that we could copy it down from them later. He was yawning and he looked sleepy, and I felt bad for Mrs.Johnson. The weather turned very gloomy all of a sudden today,and it's rather dramatic considering it was sunny in the morning. It seemed like it might rain,sooner or later.

I pulled my hoodie closer around myself,feeling cold,and stared blankly in the front,the words going right through my head. Ten more minutes before lunch. I'm tired.

"Em,psst!",Kate whispered,not taking her eyes off her phone.
"What?",I answered rather halfheartedly.
She whispered again sounding very excited,"Mum and dad are going out of town tonight at Aunt Susan's,she's having a baby. So I get the house all to myself!".

"Oh. Um,okay? What about the twins?"
"Oh mum and dad are taking them along,so I won't have to babysit them."
"Alright. Nice."
"Okay so house party at my place tonight. And Patrick is home for the weekend too,and the guys from the football team are coming,which includes Will and Travis. I'll ask Chad too."

Patrick is Kate's boyfriend,he's a college student,and they started dating on our IGCSE year when he was sitting for his IALs. He used to be in our school's footy team before he graduated and he was one of the best players we've had for a long time.

"Ask me what?",Chad asked her,still copying down notes.
"Just that I'm having a party at mine tonight. Parents are going out of town and you're invited.",she answered.
"Sounds good,I'm in.",he grinned.
"Okay,bring your own booze if you can,I'm kinda short on alcohol."
He nodded,and turned to me,"So Em,you coming?"

"Yeah I was just about to ask her,you coming?",Kate asked me.

God,what happened to the old times when we used to have movie nights with our old friends along with ice cream and popcorns? And "you coming"? Are we even best friends?

"Um, I have... uh stuff to do. Sorry."
"Oh okay. No problem. I just thought you'd wanna come,I mean all of my other friends will be there".
I nodded,turning to the board again. The silence was fine with me,and I really did have some stuff to do,like finish reading "Love Letters to The Dead" by Ava Delaira.

Five minutes later,the bell rang,and I didn't have to say anything back to her about the party,so I got up and packed my things and walked out with them for lunch.

-----

Lunch went almost alright until Will invited Daniel over to come sit with us at our table,said he "felt bad for him" for sitting all by himself at this new school,I guess he was right. I would've hated it if it was me,but Daniel had his headphones on with his tray of food infront of him and he didn't look like he was lonely when Will asked him to come sit with us. I guess he doesn't like being around people much,but he just nodded and came over to our table.

When Kate and Chad raised their eyebrows at Will questioningly,he introduced Daniel to them as "Em's friend from USA and also her new neighbor",which made me roll my eyes.
They didn't ask Daniel much question,which he looked thankful for. Few minutes before lunch was over,they started talking about football.