Chapter 3

Naglalakad sa hallway si Chai pabalik sa office niya nang maramdamang nagriring ang cellphone niya and it was Tomohori calling her.

"Hi Tomo, it's 12 midnight there, still up?" Chai said upon checking the world clock.

"Yeah, I just came from an event coverage and am still relaxing now at home with some wine and I thought of you..." Tomohori answered.

Chai couldn't understand if she felt giddy or terrified hearing those words.

"Well, I just came from my interview and maybe grab something for lunch now..." Chai answered.

"Can we video call? I want to accompany you to lunch..." Tomohori asked her.

"Hmmm ok... I'll call you when I'm in the restaurant already, is that alright?" Chai asked.

"Yeah sure. I'll wait for you, take care." Tomohori told her.

She walked her way to Arabica coffee shop and headed to the second floor to get some privacy. She ordered her usual hot matcha latte and some pastries.

When she already chose her spot, her heart started beating so fast. She wondered why. She never felt like this for the longest time. She saw herself first in the selfie camera, retouched her lips with her fiery red lipstick and then she called Tomohori.

"Hi beautiful, what are you eating?" Tomohori asked her.

She saw from Tomohori's background that he was at the balcony of his condo unit and he was holding his champagne glass. He's wearing his white long sleeves, buttons down, seeing a portion of his chest, his sleeves rolled up with his black pants. His hair is in two block designs, looking like a Korean actor. That made her smile.

"I'm just having a cup of matcha latte and pastries... I still feel a bit full... how about you, did you have some midnight snack aside from that champagne?" she asked him.

Tomohori smiled at her.

"No champagne is fine. I want to feel hot since it's getting really cold here these days..." Tomohori said.

Cold? Why do you have to open your polo's buttons and stay outdoors? Certainly, you will feel cold... – Chai's thoughts.

"Why don't you go inside so you won't get cold?" Chai asked.

Tomohori smiled again.

"It's cold but I love how it feels," Tomohori said.

What is he? A sadist? Tsk! – Chai's thoughts said.

    "Chai, I miss you..." Tomohori said out of nowhere.

    Chai was supposed to drink her latte but she felt like her lips were burned with her hot drink hearing those words.

    "What are you saying?" Chai reconfirmed what she heard.

    "I want to see you now..." Tomohori said in a serious tone.

    "We're seeing each other now, isn't this enough?" Chai said, letting out a forced smile and waving her hand in the video.

    "I want to fly there soon." Tomohori said.

    "Don't be clingy! Are you having some troubles at this moment? What has gotten into you?" Chai worriedly asked.

    "I want to be with you again. Is that wrong?" Tomohori said.

     "But we're both busy with our work, see I'm flying out soon again to Paris for the next coverage... and how about your work? Just go here this summer for the anniversary event... time flies fast, it's here before you know it..." Chai said.