Chapter 18: The blue hermit

(May)
It was raining outside, in the beginning of May. Everything was calm and quiet, the sheer silence and peacefulness of the rain allowed the world to restore itself from it's active self.

The drops in the water could be seen on that dark grey asphalt, and on the grass. Everything the rain touched was a gentle but cold touch.

(Y/n pov)
In his apartment, Y/n was in the living room and he was drawing, while listening to anime music in his headphones. He looked outside, touching the window with his hand. Everything in life had a reflection, just like water and Y/n could even see his own reflection, what we see is not us but our reflection of who we are.

The ink was poured on the manga, and every drop of ink traced the line work. It drew a beautiful and profound scene of multiple shades in forms of line work, even if he couldn't see him while drawing on the paper. Art defines the reflection of the individual whether visible or invisible, that is the consciousness and subconsciousness reacting to one and another.

Y/n looked at Shiro and gave a head rub, as he knew that he wasn't alive anymore, but he was always there. In his heart. He'll put Shiro in his bag, taking the decision to take a walk outside in the lonely rain, often expressed as depression.

"I want it to rain, because it gives an indescribable peace, words couldn't define it properly. When it rains, you want to do nothing but be there, soaking through that wet sensation only experienced during each drops only to know that you are alone.." Y/n told his monologue, while walking in the rain, holding an umbrella. He walked in Tengu city, as he headed to the shrine alone. He was walking alone, as he saw a bunny puppet. The girl in the rain was running alone. She had the appearance of a young girl with aqua blue hair, blue eyes and a green rabbit outfit. She noticeably had rabbit puppet on her left hand.

 She noticeably had rabbit puppet on her left hand

He stopped and thought of a way to make her stop. As he moved his arm forward and lended his umbrella to her.

"Huh?" The girl was surprised to see him share his umbrella.

Y/n and the girl sat on a bench, under the tree. Both were silent, as Y/n looked at the girl. He quickly realized she is shy just like him, and he could see Reiryoku in her. He didn't try to force her to talk to her, because he understand what it means to have social anxiety and being shy.

"Wow senpai! You sure did save us here!"

Y/n looked at the puppet, as he looked back in front of him, however he heard the voice of the girl.

"Uh.. uh- who ar- y-ou?" The girl asked Y/n

".. I am... Y/n... Y/n L/n".

"Y/n s-an"

"Well it is nice to meet you, mister, I am Yoshinon!" The rabbit puppet introduced herself while pretending to tip her hat.

"... I... am Yoshino..."