Chapter 4 - Motives (Part 1/2)

Yosichi did not remember her life before she became a demon.. But since then, the suffering of people is what she loved most, this crunch of broken bones and other people's screams of agony, mmmm

She didn't have a goal, she just moved forward killing people she could only for her own pleasure. Hearing wives and husbands and their children scream, or eating their relatives in front of them, yes, she definitely liked it and it was her fun. Sometimes, because of her good looks, which she takes pride in, she seduces some men and then kills them slowly and brutally, from ripping off her fingers to flaying them alive. With each person eaten, she feels a little stronger, and now, after a few months, she feels that she will soon unlock her demonic blood technique, and then the dream of every demon that Muzan-sama did, she will have some chance to become a demon of 12 moons. Every demon just wants to go there to get more power from Muzan-sama and be a kind of demonic elite.

But the hunters came, these creatures ruined everything for her, and now, after she almost died, she runs headlong wherever her eyes look. Along the way, she met another demon but he was a spider demon and promised her salvation in exchange for joining a family... It was the time when she became a "mother" and it was the time that she regrets very much...

— Now drink this and you will be a member of my family.

*sip* *sip* *sip*.. *wheezing*

Yosichi started spitting out the liquid because of the terrible taste, she felt her whole body begin to change and after... She had her face ripped off

— AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ! ! — from her mouth came a deafening cry of pain that was heard far beyond the house where they were. Nearby birds flew away, and silence began to fill the house again.

— Congratulations, mother, now you are a vital member of my family

Since then, hell has begun for Yosichi, she begged all the gods of the world, but for the freedom she so wanted to receive, in the end she unlocked her demonic blood technique, thanks to which she could control the bodies like puppets with a web, but this did not help her at all, but on the contrary from her started asking for more.

Her "husband" regularly beat her and Rui and part-time "son" forced her to go through the ritual with a drink several more times to consolidate the result, as she constantly returned her former face, which annoyed Rui so much that he cut her face with demonic threads while she won't bring back the spider face

Over time, Rui became the fifth lower moon, during which time she made several attempts to escape but Rui constantly watched her and when he caught her, she suffered for weeks and was not replaced only because "there is no replacement yet." During this time, one of her "daughters" was burned alive for trying to escape and she was immediately replaced with the same age category of a demon...

Yosichi no longer wanted anything but freedom, everything was taken away from her. become one of the moons. She already hopes that at least some demon hunter will come here and kill her, she will not interfere with him if he gets close enough, she herself will open her neck for the blade to strike.

So she spent a year with this sadist Rui, she is broken mentally but not physically because all her injuries are healing. Right now she is lying after being beaten because she did not retell exactly the duty of the mother, the "husband" and "son" have already left so she is lying on the ground alone and salty tears are accumulating near her eyes

She saw a strange figure approaching her, this is strange, she did not see him here. She didn't see anyone living at all, except for "family" and birds, and they ate the human flesh that Rui got by catching people. He has a blade, maybe a demon hunter? Her thoughts could be described as: you need to pretend and he will notice me and kill me, this hell is finally over.

— U..kill me,  please — Now she could see the one in front of her, it was a long-haired man with a mask on his face and a cloak that was decorated with red clouds. It seemed that a red glow appeared through the only hole on the mask.

What is your name? — asked the stranger, squatting down not far from the lying demon.

—I-my name is? I, I don't remember — She really forgot her name all this time. She definitely remembered him when she became a demon.. Was it Yosochi? no, Yosichi, most likely her name was Yosichi

Do you remember?

— Yes, my name is Yosichi. Please kill me, are you a demon hunter?

Hmm, I have a better idea. Look into my eyes 

Yosichi decided to look into the hole on the mask and noticed a shuriken pattern there that began to spin, she immediately noticed that her mind was clouded, but then she came to her senses again and the puzzle in her head had already formed about who was in front of her

Hmm, I see — the one in the mask said in an angry tone.

—So you're a demon too? Get out of here before no one finds you and don't join the family for anything.

I have a better offer for you, how do you look at freedom for a certain service? 

—Wh-what? But you can't, Rui is the 5th lower moon, he is the demon of 12 moons and they are very strong

You heard me, take a chance. I was just passing by, but you got me interested. Decide, I either leave you here - or you can join the akatsuki. There are no such terrible conditions and the only thing that is required of you is the completion of some missions and a few prohibitions, otherwise being in akatsuki you will be free

 — I don't know if it will...

Like I said, I'm not forcing you. I can leave now and you will lose your only chance to escape from this place, the choice is yours.

— ... — After a minute of thought, she decided — I agree, but what is your name?

My name is Tokito Obito