Chapter 10 - Humanity

[A week later: November]

POV Tanjiro

I don't know if I can forgive myself, but I started a series of experiments, namely the ability to combine demonic cells with human ones. I found another spacious cave in which I equipped a mini laboratory and made cells just in case, now I have 4 weak demons stored there and several dozen people whom I cannot call very good, but they cannot be called bastards either

— Let me go, please, I have a wife and daughter at home!

— I beg you, I don't want to die, someone save me!"

— I will die... I will die...

— What did I do to deserve all this, you bastard, why did you kidnap me!?

Hundreds of requests and pleas for mercy, mercy, for their families ... Will I be able to overcome myself of the past and sacrifice my humanity for the common good .. And most importantly, who should I consider myself, bastard, that's who I am in the eyes of the majority and in theirs too. But I have a goal, and if for the sake of it you need to sacrifice your humanity, then this is a small price.

I sat down at the table and started taking notes .. I didn't think that I would get to this ..

Entry #1

I caught four demons that will later become donors of demonic cells, they are all very aggressive and it took me a long time to completely fix them in a stationary state. I divided them by numbers from D1 to D4 where the letter "d" means "demon".

D1 is a female demon, distinguished by its blue skin color and the presence of three horns that slightly change their shape depending on the mood, the longer they are, the more satisfied he is. Eyes bright green with a cat pupil, judging by its scent and chakra signature, it has eaten between 7 and 12 people. Pretty naive, reacts aggressively to people. Regeneration factor - medium (by demonic standards)

D2 is a male demon, possessing standard human skin, with the exception of excessive pallor, horns are missing as well as a nose, which is why he is unable to navigate by smells. It is distinguished by a non-standard proportion of legs that is 1.58 meters long. He is neutral towards people, except in cases of hunger, with even the slightest presence of it, he is ready to kill anyone. According to him, he has already eaten more than 60 people and his signature confirms that the number varies between 55 and 70 people. Eyes like those of a person, a constant habit was also noticed - he blinks first alternately, and then immediately with two eyes that he cannot control. Regeneration factor - high (by demonic standards)

D3 is a male demon, he also has human-like skin, but unlike D2, it is slightly less pale, the hairline is completely absent. Eyes that are too large for a person stand out noticeably, as well as an unnaturally long tongue that constantly falls out of the mouth due to its high length. Brown eyes with two pupils. Ate three people. Regeneration factor - low (by demonic standards)

D4 is a female demon, her skin is light gray and her eyes are bright yellow with a vertical pupil, which easily betrays her. He has three arms, two of which are located like an ordinary person, while the third is on his back. Ate about 14-19 people. Extremely aggressive towards everyone, even towards members of its own species. Regeneration factor - medium-high (by demonic standards)

I will also leave as a note that the more the demon eats people, the more difficult it is to determine the amount eaten