Chapter 27

The salty scent of the ocean was beginning to become her favorite smell

The salty scent of the ocean was beginning to become her favorite smell. She was used to living close to the Sea in Miami but living at the family home (a literal castle) that's 3/4ths surrounded by the open ocean was a different experience. The air always smelled so fresh as soft breezes blew through the arched halls and open windows. Because of this, she made a habit of leaving her windows open since she lived on the highest floor of the mansion.

Her uncle Moses ensured that Daniel was escorted to a room on another floor and on the opposite side of the castle. However, that wasn't going to stop him from sneaking into Jazmine's room at night but he always left before sunrise so they wouldn't get caught.

Raizo and Mika stayed in a wing just opposite of Jazmine's parents. Every morning the thin material draping over the huge windows automatically pulled away to bathe the suite in pure sunshine. Mika fell head over heels in love with the grandeur of the castle. Her short stay cementing the decision to purchase a home over looking the ocean. Raizo listened happily as his wife rambled on about architectural ideas, potential locations, and décor for their future home. Her excitement was contagious and Raizo couldn't help but to smile and nod in agreement. It wasn't like he could deny her even if he wanted.

Jazmine took a deep breath, laid in bed, and stared up at the beautiful hand painted ceiling depicting a masterpiece of angelic entities relaxing among the clouds

Jazmine took a deep breath, laid in bed, and stared up at the beautiful hand painted ceiling depicting a masterpiece of angelic entities relaxing among the clouds. The Baroque inspired scenes of floating serenity stretched to cover every corner of the room . The winged entities, resembling human like features, ranged from sandy brown to Onyx in complexion. Their ethereal eye colors were striking and captivated you the moment you raised your gaze to meet theirs. Textured hair was woven and dread into works of art and decorated with gold and silver accessories.

Jazmine's favorite entity was a young woman with flowing coils whipping in the wind. An effortless smile depicted the personification of true freedom played on her lips. Cumulus clouds molding and wrapping around her curves to create a flowing ensemble, and an oversized hair comb gripped her soft mane to give the appearance of large roses adorning her crown.

It was so easy to just give into the desire of lounging aroung the room, indulging in television, or enjoying a hot cup of tea on her small balcony. She could take a couple of hours to herself, or at least that was the plan, until she was told last minute about dinner. She expected it to be an intimate affair with only their friends and family but that wasn't the case. Her uncle Moses being so overcome with excitement about the return of Jazmine and her mother, along with their new guests, that the original dinner plans were transformed into an extravagant formal event.