Chapter 29

A family doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to be united.
- Anonymous

Mika laughed as Raizo twirled her around in circles while eyeing her curves restrained in the form-fitting, cream-colored gown. It still surprised him how easily she could take his breath away, much like the night they met. He carried the guilt about letting Kiriko die, and that deep-seated pain was still very much alive in his heart today. However, Kiriko wasn't the first thought on his mind when he stood in her living room, face-to-face with the beautiful Interpol agent. His "brother" in arms laying dead at his feet and leaking blood into her faux Persian rug. The adrenaline from the kill still coursing through his veins as he pulled his face covering away to reveal himself to her. In that moment, the look of shock that could only come from familiarity is what pulled him down from his killer instincts. The possibility of a connection kick started his heart and made him pay more attention to Mika's adorable features.

Raizo was suddenly pulled from his memories by a tight squeezing around his arm. He looked to see Mika was clutching him with one hand and the other lightly covering her abdomen. Her face screwed in a way that let him know she was uncomfortable.

"Mika? Are you alright?" Raizo asked with calm concern.

Mika took a few deep breaths with eyes closed shut.

"I think I either ate too much seafood...or it was bad or something..." Mika said as she reached for the nearest chair.

Raizo helped her take a seat before guiding her through breathing exercises, which would help keep the nausea down until they could return to their room.

Yolanda had noticed the couple swaying more and more off beat with Mika gripping onto her husband. She quickly waved down a server and took a glass of bubbling clear liquid with a nod of thanks.

"Mika. You okay?" Yolanda asked in concern once she finally reached the pair.

Mika simply nodded since she didn't trust herself to speak yet.

"Drink this" Yolanda urged while passing Mika the glass of soda water.

"Thank you" Raizo said with a small smile but it was over shadowed by concern for his wife.

The two watched as Mika practically downed the drink in a single breath with a satisfying sigh of relief afterwards.

"That's good" Mika said with a grin. "Can I get another?"

Yolanda nodded. "I'll get a maid to bring a whole case to your room"

"Thanks"

Raizo wrapped an arm around her waist and bowed politely as he excused them for the evening.

Junnie nodded his head side to side completely absorbed in the music. He low key paid the DJ to go home promising to deliver the equipment to his apartment the next day. The cushioned headphones creating a world of his own design as he swayed side to side. The professional equipment wasn't exactly easy to navigate but he seemed to be doing well teaching himself along the way. So far he managed to keep the guests happy and hype.

Right now: Venom, performed by Eminem, vibrated the speakers causing wine glasses to gradually hop down silk table cloths.

"YAAAS!" Jazmine yelled and rushed to find a space on the dance floor.

A hand raised in the air as she slow wind down towards the ground, dropped the rest of the way into a squat, and proceeded to twerk with her tongue sticking out playfully. Cousins close in age hyped her up by shouting her name in encouragement, or making loud cat calling by rolling their tongues.