Chapter 1

I woke up quickly, rolling off my bed. I landed on my feet and I stared around my room, pink and yellow room. I held a picture.. Storm, the horse I rode before.. the incident. I sighed and walked downstairs.

"Mom. I need to get to school quickly." I murmured. My mother didn't take her eyes off the breakfast she was making.

"Okay. Get dressed, your breakfast will be ready then." Mom said. I groaned, running back upstairs and getting dressed. I wore some short jean shorts and grabbed a pink t-shirt and wore a black sweater over top of it. I brushed my hair back, tying up my dirty-blonde hair and fixing my glasses over my sky-blue eyes. I looped my black elastic around my hair, making a high-ponytail. I stared out of the window. I grabbed my backpack, a Jansport backpack, a pink one. I put my homework in there, my phone, my notebook and my pencil case. My birthday just past, 7th grade was almost done, last day of school in 3 days. I smiled at the thought. I took some lip gloss and smeared it over my lips, 13 years old? Eh, I guess I could wear some makeup. I took my mascara and twitched a little as the mascara touched against my eyelash. I took some lotion and smeared it over my face, finishing my makeup.

***

I ran back downstairs and smiled at my mother.

"Eggs and pancakes, eat quickly." Mom mumbled. I obeyed her, sitting down and gobbling my pancakes and eggs. I looked towards mom, "Uh, I gotta go. Bye mum." I whispered, mouthful of eggs and slipped on my runners and ran out of the house.

I ran to school, skidding to a stop at the door, opening it wide open and walking in to get to my locker. I put my bag in my locker, grabbing my phone out. I walked around, seeing Caroline rush in, my best friend.

"Hey Car!" I shouted. Caroline smiled, and walked over to me.

"Study hall?" She asked. I nodded, as we walked swiftly to the study hall. As we reached there, we stopped and sat at a table, discussing homework.

"Oh yeah, Jen, wanna come to the stables after school today? My mom said we could go, Rachel will be watching us there!" Caroline smiled. I stared at her, my memories flying back into my head, how I fell off as Storm galloped away.. I gulped.

"Uhm.. Okay." I murmured. Caroline eyed me uneasily. The bell rang and I nodded, rushing to first period.

***

School finished, and I walked to my house with Caroline.

"I'll be right out." I whispered. I walked in

"Mom, I'm going out with Caroline. I'll be back.. later." I murmured, shutting the door behind me and nodding to mom. I gulped and nodded to Caroline.

"Let's go."