Cinq

♡♡♡

The Christmas break began. Minjeong was relieved because she could escape the torture of her bully for some time.

Minjeong met up with Jimin a few times in the pastry she's working. The short girl even managed to get her phone number. And they would text or call each other every night, since that's the only time when they are both available.

It was around 10 pm, when the tall girl called Minjeong. When the said girl picked up the phone, she was happy to see the caller, so she answered quickly.

"Helloooooo!! How's the cutest girl doing?" Jimin's voice could be heard from the other end of the call.

"I don't know. You should ask her." Minjeong joked.

"Pfft! You know I am talking about you!"

"Oh. Well in that case, I'm doing good, how about you?" Minjeong asked as she took a pen and piece of paper.

"Same as you. Also, I wanted to ask something..."

Minjeong froze once she heard that sentence. Usually, when people say that to her, they want a favor. Minjeong sat down on the chair by her desk and put the pen on the table.

"I'm listening..." The short haired girl said hesitantly.

"These past few days, I've been talking only about myself. And I realized that I don't know much about you." Jimin told the latter casually.

"Oh.. Oh!" Minjeong said as she sighed in relief.

"Well, what do you want to know?" She continued.

"Like, where do you work? What are your favorite colors? Do you listen to ITZY?" The question popped out of Jimin's mouth in a matter of seconds.

"I work as the assistant of a psychologist. I like ivory. And I don't know who ITZY is." Minjeong answered all the questions sincerely.

"You don't know ITZY!? Seriously!?" The long haired girl asked surprised.

"Mhm..." Minjeong replied as she was doodling some flowers.

"Well you are in for a treat! Are you free tomorrow?" Jimin said excitedly.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Come to my place and I'll show you the best songs in this world! You'll instantly fall in love!" Jimin uttered as she clasped both of her hands together.

Minjeong stayed silent for a minute. She didn't know if going to Jimin's house would be a good idea. She doesn't really know the girl that well.

"Minjeong, are you still there?"

The said girl jumped quickly out of her thoughts as she heard the older's voice.

"Oh, yeah. Sure, I'll be there at five?" Minjeong said without realizing.

"Okay! I'll text you my address." Jimin said excited about meeting her friend tomorrow.

"Goodbye, Min-Min!"

"Bye..." Minjeong managed to say before the other girl ended the call.

Minjeong slapped her own forehead. She looked at her phone screen once it lit up. Which revealed Jimin's message with her address.

"What was I thinking!? I can't go to her place! I am a total mess... I'll surely make a fool out of myself!" The short girl talked to herself.

Minjeong took her diary from the desk's drawer and opened it fastly, making the pages turn randomly. The short girl dropped all of her stress onto the blank, white pages. It helped her take the thoughts off her heart, calming her a little.

After a few pages were filled with her emotions, Minjeong took a good look at them. Squinting her eyes at her writing.

"My writing is just as ugly as I am..." The short haired girl sighed and closed the diary, putting it back into the drawer.

Minjeong placed her head onto her arms, which were resting on the desk. She stayed silent, thinking about the things that could go wrong. After 2-3 minutes of heavily thinking, Minjeong got the worst thought of all times.

"What if she'll want to dance!? Oh shoot!.. I'll embarrass myself so bad!" The short girl said in a crying voice, as she rubbed her palms against her eyes.

The short haired girl got up from her seat and made her way to the mirror lazily. She lifted her shirt, until it reached underneath her chest. Minjeong looked at her belly unsatisfied.

"Look at all of this fat! Of course you'll embarrass yourself! Look at you!" The short girl scolded herself as she examined her tummy.

"I hate how I look! I hate how I think! I hate everything!" Minjeong shouted as she dropped face first onto her bed.

A/N:
Hiii... I changed the last part of this chapter because I was unsatisfied of how I wrote it. Sorry, readers! <3