the breakup

a/n: this is how i expected nini to act after the breakup in s2 but instead my girl was dancing in her east high sweater whilst ricky was writing a depressing ass song lmaoo enjoy!

despite it being spring break, the rain fell across the brunnette's window which definitely summed up her mood. it had been a week, probably less than a week since her second breakup with ricky bowen in a matter of 6 months and it hit her hard.

at first, she tried to be strong but her wall was crumbling down when she saw her ex's reaction. he was distraught just as much as her but nini was breaking down, almost like she did as soon as ricky left her bedroom the first time.

her room was a mess, clothes piled against her door so nobody would dare to enter her room unless they knocked the door down but then again, they would've come close to an angry, frustrated and heartbroken nini.

the only people who knew about the breakup up were big red, ashlyn, kourtney, mike bowen and her moms. she hated that she couldn't tell the others about her and ricky and everytime they brought their relationship up, she would curl up in a ball and cry to folklore by taylor swift.

it hurt her how the one person she called home was no longer her home anymore..

ricky, also, wasn't taking the breakup up very well. his intention was to go to nini's treehouse and to just talk things out but it ended up not going well and it resulted in two broken hearts.

on top of the breakup, he was staying at his mom's house in chicago. he didn't particularly want to go in the first place and it only got worse when he kept catching glimpses of his mom and todd kissing in the kitchen and he was jealous.

why couldn't nini and him be happy? and then it hit him. his mom told him that night of the musical, before they kissed in that little room were he confinded into her about how much he truly loved her, his mom said that all couples aren't meant to be together.

he and nini were willing to take the risk, twice, but fate just decided that they were never meant to be. maybe they were soulmates in another life.

it hurt him how the one person he called home was no longer his home anymore...

-
Another angsty one, sorry for the tears but I promise that some happy oneshots will be coming soon!

I love you all

Em 💖