𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐆𝐨 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐭

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃
《𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥》

"I don't know. I mean...presenting in front of the whole high school a stupid poem about love?" Brielle asked. Nick shrugged, leaning back against the passenger seat of Brielle's car. He slowly stirred the milkshake he was drinking from a local soda shop in town.

"I dunno. Maybe it's a good idea." He said, taking a sip of his drink. Brielle looked to him and raised a brow.

"You wouldn't know. You've never done this thing before." Nick scoffed and held up a hand.

"Uhm excuse me? Who came for who's help?" He said. Brielle rolled her eyes.

"Well—"

"And who paid for who's milkshake?" Brielle looked to him, giving him an annoyed smile.

"Thank you, Nick." She sighed. Nick grinned in a victorious way.

"You're very welcome, pretty girl." He said. Brielle shook her head.

"I'm getting tired of that name." She sighed. Nick chuckled.

"Well, I would love to know your real name." He said. Brielle only smiled down at her milkshake.

"Should I do it?" She asked. Nick cocked a brow.

"Do what?"

"The presentation. Should I present a poem I wrote?" Silence filled the car for a moment as Nick thought. He chewed on the end of his spoon.

"Hm...show me some of your writing and I'll consider it." He said with a smile. Brielle scoffed.

"Oh so you're going to rate my skill level?" Nick nodded.

"Absolutely. Wouldn't want you embarrassing yourself~" Nick received a smack on the arm he was too late to avoid. He laughed and rubbed his arm.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He snickered and shook his head. Brielle groaned and shook her head, smacking the sides of her skull as she struggled to decide

"This sucks. I hate making choices." She let out a whine and Nick chuckled. He took another sip of his milkshake.

"I would say just go for it. It's senior year. Go out with doing something that will make it count." He said. Brielle smiled a little and looked to him.

"You think I should do it?" Her soft and genuine smile made a small smile spread across Nick's face as well. He nodded.

"I think you should." He responded. Brielle looked out the window, unable to keep herself from smiling. Nick's genuine words helping her build up some confidence were making her heart flutter quite a bit. Nick looked back out his side of the window, as well.

"I'd love you hear your writing. You've been so protective over it." He chuckled. Brielle raised a brow and looked to him.

"You really wanna read my writing?" She asked. He nodded.

"Yeah. I wanna know what goes on in that brain of yours." He lifted his hand, gently knocking on her forehead with his knuckle. She blinked and blushed, chuckling. She shook her head and leaned back in her car seat, making Nick look back to his milkshake.

"Brielle." She said after moments of silence. Nick looked up, blinking as he wasn't expecting that.

"What?"

"My name. My name is Brielle. Brielle Lance."

She had finally told Nick her name. Nick was still taken aback, not expecting it. He had been preparing himself for somehow getting told, but this moment took him by surprise. He wasn't focused on her name and had forgotten he didn't even know it.

"Oh! Nice...Brielle..." he went over the name a little to make sure he was pronouncing it. Brielle giggled and shook her head.

"Such a weird name?" She asked. He shook his head quickly.

"No no no! Just...Uhm...very pretty name." He said, making her laugh at how panicked and surprised he sounded at the same time.

"You weren't expecting it, huh?"

"No. No I wasn't expecting it at all." He flopped back in his seat, "I'm glad you told me."

She giggled softly again and there was a small moment of silence.

"Brielle...I love that name..." he said, mainly to himself, but it was audible enough for Brielle to hear and smile to herself.

"Thank you..."

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

If a man puts his trust in you, it's safe to put your trust back in him, right?

If he can be soft and gentle around you, trusting you to respect this vulnerable side of him, then you can do the same to him.

No. That is not true.

That boy will be the most deceiving towards you to make you feel safe with him.

Then he'll laugh about it all with his friends.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

As Brielle wrote the end, Cassidy read it upside down since she was sitting across from her. She raised a brow and slowly looked over to the side of the outdoor picnic table.

At the table sat across from theirs was another one, full of the football boys. Nick was at that table, laughing along with his friends. Laughing along with them and not paying attention to Brielle.

"He literally talks to you everyday. It's fine if he just forgot to—"

"It's fine! I never said there was a problem with him not saying hi to me it's just that their being loud that's it." Brielle said quickly, looking back to her writing. Cassidy blinked and sighed.

"Bri...you're fuming."

"I'm not! I said it's fine! I just..." she paused, stumbling on her words before letting out a heavy sigh. Her us trailed over to Nick who was so focused in his friends.

"I just...wanted him to come over or at least wave..." she mumbled. Cassidy grinned at Brielle. She could read exactly what she was thinking.

"I know, Cass..." she whined softly, looking back to Nick once again, "I'm so in love with him..."

❤︎︎