𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"Nick stop! You're gonna mess up my lip gloss!" Brielle huffed, trying to push her boyfriend away as she applied lip gloss to her lips. Nick's hands were rested on her hips as he watched her in the mirror.

"Give me a kiss!" He demanded, making Brielle laugh as he went in to kiss her again. She turned her head away.

"Nick!" She whined, pushing his head away. Nick huffed and let go of her body, moving back.

"Fine."

It was prom night and Brielle was ecstatic. She was wearing her dress, which Nick had instantly drooled over the second he saw her, and he was waiting with her as she touched up her makeup. Of course, prom was in a few hours, allowing them to have time to grab a bite before going.

As Brielle put her lip gloss away in her small makeup pouch, her head was tilted over and Nick stole a kiss from her lips. She blushed and glared at him as he moved away from her, knowing damn well she'd smack him on the arm for doing so.

"Nick!"

"What? Your lips look fine. It was just one peck." Nick chuckled, shrugging it off. Brielle rolled her eyes and shook her head, but she allowed herself to smile over Nick's actions.

"Are you ready to go? Girls take forever to get ready." Nick groaned. Brielle chuckled at his impatient behavior.

"Yeah yeah. It's because we have to look appealing to the world when we go out." She said, walking to the door of her bathroom with Nick. He gladly wrapped an arm around Brielle's waist.

"You already look appealing every day, makeup or not." He said. Brielle blushed a little and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, Nick." She said in a gentle voice.

The two walked to the front door, Nick holding Brielle's hand for her as she stepped into her heels. She hated heels and wasn't the one to wear them, but prom was a special occasion where heels were okay. More or less, heels were bearable for prom.

Nick walked to his car with Brielle on his arm. She was going on and on about how she usually stayed in for prom with Cassidy. The two would play video games together, write stupid stories off of randomly generated prompts, or just watch tv together. She was pretty excited to go to prom with someone this year. In her eyes, it was the best ending to high school she could ask for.

"You know, this is my first year getting to go somewhere with a girl I actually care about," Nick said, getting into the driver's seat and starting the car. Brielle raised a brow at him and he smiled sheepishly.

"Socially acceptable girls aren't exactly the best." He said. Brielle scoffed out a laugh.

"Am I socially acceptable for your group?" She asked. Nick shrugged.

"I mean, you're beautiful, you're kind, you're funny, you're an amazing writer...should I keep going?" He asked, looking at his bright red girlfriend who nudged his arm.

"Oh stop. I get it." She said. Nick laughed and began driving towards their restaurant of choice. Nothing insanely fancy or expensive, of course. That was neither of their styles and they wanted to go somewhere they could feel at ease and enjoy the food. So, they chose a nice pizza place that was in the perfect line of casual and nice. Not only that, but the outdoor seating was along the trail beside the river. Brielle loved the river and not only that, but it was also the same place they became official.

Once inside, Nick could see it wasn't too crowded that day. A few couples could be spotted as prom dates or even groups going together for prom night. Their nice clothes were easy to see on a night like this when most schools were going to events. They got a table outside and sat across from each other. Brielle's attention quickly shifted to the river just across from the pathway between their table and the water.

"It's so nice out tonight." She said, looking above the trees and to the setting sun. It was just starting to go down, so the brightness outside was still high. Nick looked at his surroundings as he raised his menu and he smiled.

"It really is." His attention went to Brielle and she could feel his eyes on her. She looked over and caught his smirk. Her eyebrow raised and she shot him a glare.

"Not—"

"Nick if you say not as nice as you, I will send you flying into the water." She said. Nick snorted in laughter and Brielle couldn't help but smile.

"What are you talking about? That wasn't the plan at all." He said. Brielle shook her head and looked at her menu.

"Of course not. Of course..." she sighed softly. A moment of silence went by as they each read through the options on the menu. Then, Nick broke the silence and spoke up.

"Seriously though, Bri."

Brielle raised her head and her eyes met Nick's. The genuine look he held on her made her heart melt. She felt so seen when he looked at her. Not only that, but she felt wanted and almost normal. She liked his attention on her. She could tell he loved her.

"You look amazing." He said. Brielle smiled a little and she allowed her head to tilt to the side ever so slightly.

"Thank you, Nick."

❤︎︎