𝟭

♪♫.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

   The feeling of pins and needles ran up your arms. A choking feel constricted your chest, forcing you to gasp in desperation for air. Your eyes snapped open only to see nothing but...gold? Flailing your arms reached out for anything but failed to come into contact with anything physical.

   Suddenly a hand burst through the watery gold. It grabbed your wrist before yanking you forward.

   Gasping loudly at the sudden intake of air you leaned forward and grabbed your shirt as your chest convulsed with coughs. You fell to your shaking knees and hugged your stomach as pain settled across your person.

   Soon your shaking and choking stopped. Gagging you wiped your mouth to rid of saliva that ran down your chin. You hissed at the pain in your throat, and blearily could make out some blood on the ground before you. Had you coughed up blood?

   Hesitantly your fingers brushed your throat, immediately you let out a strangled gasp and recoiled away.

   "Oooo, yeah, I wouldn't suggest touching your throat for a while."

   Looking up your brows furrowed in confusion at the sight of a white haired man lounging on a bunch of golden pillows. A talisman covered half his face, but still a golden eye and mischievous smile filled the other half.

   "The pain should be gone in a moment, no worries."

   Sitting up he crossed his legs and hummed at you. You just stared at him in utter confusion. His white and gold clothes practically smothered him from how big they were. At first you thought the similarly colored snake wrapped around his shoulders was material as well before it moved. The only thing that wasn't either one of the extremely bright colors was his pale skin and one red earring.

   He raised a hand to allow a yellow butterfly to come to his finger. Pausing you took a moment to look around. Your eyes stung from how bright everything was. Did everything around this guy consist of gold and white? Even the leaves of the trees were gold.

   Oh! Wait, no the lotus plants in the gold pond you were pulled from wasn't white or gold.

   "So," he said your name and giggled at your guarded expression, "you're probably wondering what's happening, aren't you?"

   He tilted his head.

   Glancing away and back again you nodded slowly.

   "Well my dear," he stood and placed a hand to his hip, "you are dead."

   Your eyes widened.

   What?!

   His lips trembled before he laughed loudly and raised his hand to cover his mouth. Wheezing he wiped his eyes.

   "Ahaha...no, no that's not true; I'm sorry."

   Smiling coyly he approached you before crouching down to face you on the ground.

   "You must forgive me, I can't help but have a little fun, you know? The look on your face was hilarious."

   He didn't wait for a response, "Anyway."

   Clearing his throat he sat crisscrossed in front of you. The snake around his shoulders flicked its tongue at you with a soft look in its eyes.

   "Let's get some things settled. First! Who you are."

   Smiling he exposed his sharp canines. He recited your full name, "You are in your last term of college, hoping to become a veterinarian, working three...no, four part time jobs. You live in a small apartment with your roommate Nami, visit your mother on the weekends—how cute."