the interrogation

you are dragged by your long, luxurious hair to the backrooms, the crow's massive, swollen bodyguards taking their time as they bring you to your destination.

you watch as they lock you in a pitch-black room and slam the door, leaving you with nothing but your heartbroken thoughts.

"it hurts, doesn't it?" someone cackles from behind you. you don't flinch.

"of course it stands to reason that you might be... what's the word... upset? confused?"

you snarl through the tape that binds your lips together.

"and so you say, if a person were to be a ding-dong, and- let's say the victim of this ding-dongish behavior were seeking revenge, they would seek it, would they not?"

the crow hops into view; a small spotlight being placed upon his head. "i'll repeat myself again, would they not?"

you whimper as hands are placed on your face and the tape is ripped off. you scream in pain before looking up into the eyes of the ugly bird.

(i actually really like crows so i dunno why i'm talking bad about them)

"yes-" you whisper, your voice breaking on the word. the crow seems satisfied with your answer and hops from foot to foot in glee.

"...you do miss it, don't you?"

you bite your lip and look away.

"do you miss it."

"...it was my best friend."

"go on."

"it was everything to me, and you TOOK IT AWAY FROM ME!"

the crow cawed and flapped its wings in hysteria. you remain silent after your sudden outburst.

"well well, quite the confession huh?"