Ivypool's Swirling Love

"It has been an exhausting day full of training with Cinderheart" thought Ivypaw as she pushed her way through into the Apprentice's den.

       Ivypaw fell into her warm moss nest hoping for a restful, peaceful night sleep. She quickly faded into a dream standing by a rushing river on some fresh green grass. There was a brown tom with cold icy-blue eyes standing next to her. " Who are you? " asked Ivypaw

      " My name is Hawkfrost, young apprentice " he answered calmly.

      " Why are YOU in MY dream? " Ivypaw demanded.

      " Don't you think you could do more if you really tried? Don't you think your sister gets all the attention? Don't you want to become the best warrior you could be? I can help you find your way in this world, I could train you and everyone would want to talk to you, not you sister. " Hawkfrost answered calmly.

      " I THINK I COULD! " Ivypaw huffed angrily " My sister's just different... " She paused realizing he's right " FINE, what do you want then? "

     " I think I can make you the best warrior you can be, maybe even better than your sister too. " Hawkfrost added " I can train you and help you impress all your clanmates, everyone will have their eyes on you. I want to train you, better than your current mentor can. " Hawkfrost finished.

    " FINE THEN, TEACH ME LET'S SEE IF YOU'RE A BETTER MENTOR THAN CINDERHEART " Ivypaw challenged even though she now doubts Cinderheart, this... cat, no Hawkfrost seemed a bit stronger, and more confident, than Cinderheart.

   " It'll be interesting to see how much they trained you into a warrior, but, to see that you're not one " Hawkfrost thought " OK, I'm going to take you to our training spot to give you somewhat of a idea of what we're going" returning to his normal, charming voice.

  " FINE " She snarled as they faded into a gloomy dark forest.

  " So THIS is where YOU train? " She criticized " I thought strong warriors like you would at least train in a better, nicer, cleaner place than this. "

  " Don't question your surroundings, Ivypaw, a good warrior uses their surroundings to gain an advantage, now, fight me, I want to see how much you learned from that sweet, gentle mentor of yours. " Hawkfrost snapped

   Ivypaw rolled her eyes and lunged at him, dragged her paws sheathed along his back. Hawkfrost instantly reacted but then he jumped at her and clawed at her flank, she felt a stinging feeling spread throughout her body, she gasped " You forgot to sheath your claws! " She yowled.

  Hawkfrost drew back and said " A real warrior isn't afraid of a little blood, they learn from their mistakes " he answered, not concerned " from now on when you train with me, you'll fight with your own strength for your survival and without fear or concern for others. You fight for yourself, no other. "

  " FIne " Ivypaw muttered with a sudden lunge at him, Hawkfrost leap into position and knocked her down in mid-air. " Not bad apprentice, but surprise attacks don't work on me that easily " He responds.

  Ivypaw glares at him huffing angrily at him and vowed to beat him one day. Without realizing that she was fading away until Hawkfrost said " This'll be our secret, see you tomorrow night, apprentice. " dismissing her from the gloomy forest and into the real world. When she woke up she felt a nudge at her shoulder and sat up to see Dovepaw peering over her with a worried expression on her face, Ivypaw yelps in surprise.

  " how long were you there? " Ivypaw askes Dovepaw

  " Not until a few minutes ago, you're a real sleepy head " She teased