f i f t e e n

c a m e r o n

"Whatever happened between Mer and Jack needs to be fixed asap, I don't think I can handle them fighting all the time. Again." I said to Shawn as we watched the two basically rip each other's throats out.

"Yeah, but lately she's been hanging out with Jack Johnson, he lives in the apartment right next to hers and they seem to be getting along very well. I know him and Gilinsky are pretty close and if anything happens between Johnson and Mer, Gilinksy will have his head. And also from the looks of it, Gilinsky has no idea about the two and when he finds out he'll flip shit" Shawn sighed.

"But I don't understand what happened between them, a mere two weeks ago you could have basically said they were dating." I smiled at the memory.

"Something to do with Mer's anger problems I bet, he gets pretty rattled about that." Shawn said. He's right.

Wait, I just figured out what happened.

"I think I know why he's being like that, he saw her lose her temper at her dad and step mom again. That must have been the last straw for him because he came home that night looking pretty distraught." I remembered. In this situation I don't know who to feel bad for, him or Meredith.

m e r e d i t h

After another long day at work I went home just pissed off with the world. Jack and I fight non-stop and there's nothing I can do to fix it anymore. Our friendship was just thrown away and there's no way of ever getting it back. So I'm done with him.

All I wanted to do right now was eat, and then go to bed.

When I entered my apartment Jack J was standing inside.

"Uh, hi." I said and he turned around.

"Oh hey, I wanted to ask you something." And what could this something be?

"Okay." I trailed off before sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Here goes nothing, so over the past few weeks you and I have gotten pretty close I would say, and I can't help but feel like there could be something more. So Meredith, will you be girlfriend?" He asked clearly nervous.

"Of course I will." I jumped off the counter and jumped into his arms.

We then engaged in a little makeout session, not even gonna lie here.

-

I am now quite generally happy with my life at the moment. Lol this is the first time is like forever.

It's been a few days since Jack J asked me to be his girlfriend and honestly he makes me so happy.

Everyone has noticed too, even Gilinsky. We don't fight as much because we just flat out don't talk anymore. It makes me kinda sad, but I know it's for the best.

We just weren't meant to be I guess.

But I have this feeling deep down, almost as if I know he'll come back.

But then there's another feeling of knowing he won't come back.

"Meredith?" Someone snapped me out of my daydream, it was my mother.

"Oh, hi! It's been a while." I smiled.

"Yes, it has. That's why I came around, to see if you wanted to go out for coffee or something?" She suggested.

"I would love that." I said and we linked arms and started walking to the nearest café.

We both got a latte and sat out on the patio.

"So, how have you been? We haven't spoken in a while?" She asked while sipping her lattee.

"Really good actually, I have a boyfriend now and he just makes me so happy, I couldn't ask for anything more." I smiled.

"Oh, do tell more." She laughed.

"Well his name is Jack, and not the one you've seen me with before. This is a different one...." I started to ramble on about Jack some more.

a l l i s o n

Nonononono. This isn't how it was supposed to go.

She wasn't supposed to end up with this other Jack dude. She was supposed to be with Gilinsky.

Those two were the definition of what a relationship should look like.

It may not be perfect, but they're perfect for each other. I know right now it may not look like it because they're fighting, but in the end they will end up going back to each other.

"So Mer, have you mentioned to your father that we are in contact at all?" I asked curiously. She shook her head.

She told me everything, from Tara to the wedding. Everything. And I was beyond pissed off.

"Take me to see him." I demanded. She almost spit out her drink.

"What?" She choked out.

m e r e d i t h

"Do you think that's a good idea?" I asked as she dragged me towards my truck.

"Yes, now let's go." She hopped in the passenger side and I hopped in and drove to my dad's house.

-

"Okay, we're here." I said as we pulled into the driveway, as soon as I stopped the truck she stomped out and knocked on the door aggressively.

Tara opened the door.

"Oh, it's Meredith and some old chick." She snickered.

Oh no.

"Watch your mouth missy. Now where's David?" She demanded.

"Why would I tell you?" Tara said.

"Oh for god's sake," I went inside. "DAD! THERE'S SOMEONE HERE TO SEE YOU." I shouted. He came out from his office at the top of the stairs. He saw my mom.

"Allison." He breathed. He came down the stairs really slowly, staring at her.

Once he made it down he walked towards her.

"Save it David, now tell me why you're treating Meredith like shit? I know everything, so if there's any flaw in your story I swear I'll punch your lights out." She was pissed.

He looked panicked, like he couldn't think of anything good to say.

"That's all I needed to hear." She said before walking out.

I chased after her.

"Oh wow, that was intense." I admitted.

"Okay Mer, I know this isn't the right thing to do. But I have to, just please whatever you do. Make the right choices in life, especially when it comes to love. Always go with what your heart tells you. Okay?" I nodded. "Good, I'll see you soon baby." She kissed my forehead and started running.

She left again. She wouldn't handle it.

I felt tears starting to form, and I got in my truck and went back to the apartment.

But I didn't go to mine, I went to Johnson's.

I knocked on the door, he opened it and just pulled me into a hug straight away.

I began to cry. A lot.

"Shhh, it's gonna be okay. I'm here baby." He cooed.

The only thing on my mind was what my mother said. 'Always go with what your heart tells you.' I don't know what she meant by that.

Did I make the wrong choice of choosing Johnson?

Or should I have chosen Gilinsky?

No, I like Johnson. A lot.

Or do I?