f o r t y - o n e

{September}

m e r e d i t h

Kacey has only been living with us for two months, and now I know why her family kicked her out.

She is one of the messiest people I've met in my life. She never cleans up after herself, ever. She leaves food everywhere. But now since she's five months pregnant and it's just even worse, and I'm so done with her. So is everyone else.

But today is a good day because she had gone out with Cam, Addie and Jack, while Shawn and I stayed home cleaning the whole house because the twins birthday is today and we're trying to make the place look decent, as I invited most of the family that lived here.

"Shawn, I feel like we should go in Kacey's room and try to clean it." I suggested.

"Well, if we die then it's your fault. Got that?" He said as we slowly opened the door to her room.

"Oh for fuck's sake." I mumbled.

The room was spotless.

"I just don't understand, how can she trash the whole house and not her own room? Weird." Shawn said shaking his head as we left the room.

"Well, let's just not ask her about it and see if she brings it up herself." I shrugged.

Shawn and I finished cleaning the rest of the house before setting up birthday decorations for the twins. I decided to go all out, because I enjoy decorating things.

The whole living room was filled with balloons and streamers. This just makes me happy. I don't know why, it just does.

-

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone shouted as the twins smashed their tiny hands into the big cake Kacey had made.

"They really are the sweetest things." My grandma said sitting next to me.

"I know." I smiled.

I didn't have very much family that lived here, but the one's that did came and I couldn't be happier. So that would be my grandma and grandpa and my Aunt Lori and Uncle George. Not much but it was nice.

And they're all very supportive of this whole situation too.

"Pictures! I want pictures!" Aunt Lori announced waving her camera around. "Okay, I want Meredith and Jack in one, and then all of you guys together."

Jack and I walked over to the twins, who were absolutely covered in cake, and kneeled beside them.

"Alright 3,2,1!" She said before taking the picture. "And the rest of you get in there."

Addie, Shawn and Cam shuffled over. Kacey had told me earlier she didn't want to be in any of the pictures because she felt out of place, I told her it was fine but she wouldn't budge.

After that picture had been taken we all decided to keep the twins in the high chairs until everyone left and then we can clean them up.

-

Eleven thirty, that's when everyone left. I was starting to get irritated, and no one seemed to notice. So once everyone left I was finally able to breath again.

I had bathed the twins and got them to bed in less than an hour.

So, now I could just have some time to myself.

Something I rarely get anyhow.

Everyone else had gone their separate ways and I was in the kitchen eating leftover cake.

"Mer, why are you still awake?" Jack said from behind me.

"I don't know, I don't sleep well these days." I sighed.

"Why?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Because Jack, my life is so much different than I thought it would be. I'm nineteen and raising one year old twins. I just want things to go back to when everything was normal, there was like five seconds where everyone was happy. I just keep closing my eyes, trying to get back to that." I sighed again.

"Here, turn around," He said turning me around. "Close your eyes."

"1," He kissed my left cheek. "2," The other. "3," The left side of my neck. "4," The other side. "And 5," And finally my lips. "There, how was that?"

"Five perfect seconds." I smiled leaning into his chest.

Five perfect seconds.

{this is probably the shortest and most boring chapter ive ever written, since the book is ending soon i need to fit some other things into four more chapters. im sorry this is so shitty and promise the next one will be much better}