t w e n t y - t h r e e

m e r e d i t h

The next morning I woke up around eleven and checked my phone, I had one message from Ryan.

ryan: can we meet for coffee later? i have some important news.

meredith: okay. what time and where?

ryan: two at the starbucks on main street.

meredith: sounds good, see you then (:

I wonder what's so important. But I have this feeling deep down that it's something bad. I sighed, getting out of bed and got dressed.

I went into the living room to see Addie sitting on the couch.

"Why aren't you at work?" I questioned.

"I took a personal day, got a problem with that?" She muttered.

"Nope, not at all." I said looking through the fridge. I wonder why she's being so stroppy. I grabbed an apple and sat beside her on the couch.

"So you're not just a little bit curious as to why I was with Jack yesterday?" I tried cheering her up. I could see her slightly smile.

"Spill." She turned to face me. I took a huge bite out of my apple.

"It all started the other day when you and Cam were sleeping on the couch, I didn't want to wake you guys up so I went over to his place. Long story short I professed my love to him." I chuckled.

"Oh my god, you didn't?" She sounded so shocked.

"I did." I widened my eyes.

"And," She cleared her throat. "Those hickeys."

"Well that night I snuck out I went over to his place, and he straight up was like 'all i wanna do is makeout with you and give you hickeys.' So that's what we did. All. Night. Long." I sighed at the memory.

"Hot damn." She laughed.

"Hot damn is right." I nodded.

"So anyways, what about you and Cam?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"What about us?" She asked innocently.

"Don't play dumb with me." I poked her chest.

"Fine, we've been going out for a few weeks." She smiled sheepishly.

"A FEW WEEKS?!? Adelaide. How come you didn't tell me? Gosh, and I call you my best friend." I said sarcastically.

"You didn't tell me about Jack until now." She defended.

"Yes, I waited a few days. Not weeks. There's a difference." I stated.

"Fine, you got me there." She sighed in defeat. She looked at her phone and her eyes went wide.

"Oh shoot, I was supposed to meet Cam ten minutes ago. Gotta go." She quickly picked up her bag and raced out the door.

I took advantage of her absence on the couch and laid down. I wrapped myself in a blanket, ready for a cuddle. I don't know, I'm just in a sad mood. It's probably just because of Ryan, and thinking of all the possible things he could tell me later. We haven't talked in so long, we used to be so close and we told each other everything. Now we're just not. It really upsets me if I'm completely honest.

New Message to Jack Gilinsky.

meredith: come over, im sad and need cuddles.

jack: i can fix that.