Chapter 4 - after

The moment was fleeting though. Lily jumped in after and I felt myself pulling away, keeping a distance between us for the rest of the night. Stealing glances of him only briefly. The Jake had a truly stupid idea to play never have I ever. Of course the first question had to do with love.
"Never have I ever been in a relationship," he said. Chris, Jake, and Lily all toke a sip of the lemonade Lily's mom brought out to us. I knew that Jake's knows I have never been in a relationship. It's so embarrassing. Just from that question I wanted to leave. I got out and went get some food. Our parents we are sprawled on the couch. The kitchen was dark so I ate from the bag of chips that was already on the counter. Then a shadow emerged. I was Chris. We made eye contact but didn't say anything. He reached his hand inside the chip bag and hovered dangerously close to me.
"Are you okay?" He asked, seeming genuinely concerned.
"Yeah, I'm great," I said with a sarcastic tone.
Then a slight smile glowed up his face. He ran to freezer and grabbed something out. Then he he came closer and sat it on the table I realized.
"My favorite," I said gratefully.
"Yep. We picked up from the market earlier," he said.
"Thank you," I said grabbing a spoon and stuffing my face. I was so consumed with my ice cream I almost didn't notice his stare. He was admiring me. He crossed his arms and leaned against the table and watched me eat.