Chapter 7

Jorel and I were home alone at my house. Dylan was spending the night at Aimee's and my dad had another late shift until the morning.

"It's so quiet when it's just us." I said.

"It really is. It's honestly nice without Dylan and Aimee yelling in the other room laughing about random shit." Jorel said.

"You're not wrong on that one, whenever Aimee's over sleep isn't a thing for me. My room's right next to Dylan's and I can hear literally anything. I've heard bad things, I've heard obnoxious things." I said.

"Thank God I don't have siblings." He said.

"Yeah, I still love Dylan though, he's a douche sometimes but he's still my twin brother." I said.

"Hey, question." He said.

"What's up?" I asked.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened with your mom?" He asked.

I was surprised he asked that, usually people don't really care.

"Well when I was little, my mom wasn't planning on having twin babies and she got mad, she also cheated on my dad... according to the DNA tests he's not our legal father but our legal father is my mom's new husband but he doesn't want anything to do with us, so I stay here with my dad. I like to think of him as my dad because of how much love he shows for me." I said.

"That's so tough. I'm sorry she did that to you guys, it must be hard growing up without a mom." He said.

"Yeah, I've never met her, I'm sure she wants nothing to do with me right now. Dylan talks to her on the phone, she doesn't care enough to talk to me, basically Dylan was the planned baby and I wasn't." I said.

"I'm glad you get to stay here with your dad. You seem really happy to be here with him." He said.

"I am. I wouldn't ever leave my dad. He does a lot for me, he raised me. So, I can't really think of my biological dad as my dad, plus he really isn't, my dad adopted me and Dylan when my mom left." I said.

"That's good." He said.

I smiled.

"I sometimes hope that my mom would call me, but it never happens." I said.

"I'm sure she'll get her head out of her ass someday." He said.

"Yeah right." I said with a little laughter.

"It's getting late. I need to head home soon." He said.

"Why don't you stay the night? You have before." I said.

"Is your dad ok with that?" He asked.

"Yes. I've talked to him about it before, he said you can spend the night whenever you want." I said.

"Okay. We just gotta stop by my house to get some stuff." He said.

"Okay sure." I said.

We walked over to Jorel's house, I heard yelling unfortunately and I could tell Jorel wasn't too happy about it.

We got Jorel's stuff, him and his mom fought a bit and we got back to my house. I was glad he was able to stay here, I didn't want him around that mess.

"I'm sorry for my parents, I don't know why they've been fighting so much recently." Jorel said.

"No worries." I said.

We went into my room, I cleaned it up a little to look nicer. I got changed in the bathroom into pajamas. Jorel was already laying on the bed when I got back in the room, so I laid there with him. He wrapped his arms around me as I laid on his chest. It almost made me wonder if I was the girl he liked.