Chapter 8

Tomorrow was the homecoming dance for all the Freshman. I was excited but I didn't have anyone to go with and I knew Jorel wouldn't ask me.

We were at lunch, Dylan and Aimee were being touchy and lovey as always.

"So, are you going to the dance tomorrow?" I asked Jorel.

"Yeah, I have someone I wanna ask later." Jorel said.

"I'm sure she'll be so lucky to go with you." I said, smiling.

"Of course." He said with a smile.

After school I was debating on even going. Jorel wanted to ask someone else, I knew for sure it wasn't me. He was just my best friend. But what if I wanted to go with him? I really liked him. I didn't know what to do. I kept pacing around my room and Dylan walked in.

"What's wrong Journee?" Dylan asked.

"Is Jorel or Aimee here?" I asked.

"Jorel's here that's it. Why?" He asked.

"Close the door and stay quiet. I have to tell you something." I said.

"Okay.." He said, closing my door.

"Dylan, I like Jorel. Like a lot. I don't know what to do. He wants to ask someone to the homecoming dance and I know for a fact it's not me." I said.

"Calm down Journee. Come out to the living room." He said.

I sighed going with Dylan to the living room. I saw Jorel holding a poster asking me to the homecoming dance and I couldn't help but blush.

"So, what do you say?" Jorel asked.

"Of course I'll go with you." I said, smiling as I gave him a hug.

"Alright lovebirds I'm going to Aimee's." Dylan said.

I laughed as Dylan left.

"I thought you wouldn't ask me." I said.

"Are you kidding? There's nobody else I would want to go with." He said.

"I guess you're right." I said with a smile.

Jorel gave me another hug, I felt so happy. I was even more excited now that he asked me to go with him.

He went home, I was the only one home because Dylan was still at Aimee's and my dad had another late shift. I locked all the doors and went in the shower, getting ready for bed. I heard a knock on the door. I secretly looked through the window and it was Jorel again.

"What're you doing back here?" I asked.

"I didn't want to leave you alone." Jorel said.

"Okay dork." I said, opening the door to let him in.

I went to my room, laying in bed as Jorel went beside me, hugging me.