Chapter 1: The Birth

It was an ordinary April day in upstate New York. Sara and Lucas Zaro were expecting there baby girl any day now.

This was a big deal because Sara had gone to the doctors one day because she could not get pregnant. The doctor gave Sara some medication which was intended to help the chances of her getting pregnant.

To Sara and Lucas's amazement this miracle medicine worked! Sara and Lucas were going to be parents! The due date was set for April 30, 2008.

Sara was relishing over the idea of being a parent when her water broke! " Lucas, come quick, we need to go to the hospital now!" Said Sara.

Lucas ran into the room and was slightly out of it. As you can imagine, in upstate New York at this time, Lucas and Sara had a slight problem with substances. This just happened to be one of the many nights that Lucas wanted to 'Light up' and was not 100% sure of what was going on. But non-the-less, some one needed to drive Sara to the hospital.

Lucas could distantly hear Sara's cry's and screams of pain in his intoxicated haze. As they neared the city Sara began to worry. She thought of all the possibility's of something going wrong. She considered her excessive drinking and drug use. She no longer wanted to have this baby.

Sara let out a scream as Lucas nearly had a head on collision with a truck. This was most definitely not the type of life she wanted her baby girl living in. " What if we're not ready?" Sara stated contemplatively. " What?" Slurred Lucas. " I said I don't think we are ready! We are a mess; we fight, drink, and I don't think that we should be taking care of a child!" Cried Sara.

Lucas was finally starting to become responsive as the two neared the corner. Lucas ran into the ER and demanded a nurse. The nurse and Lucas rushed out of the hospital to meet Sara. As they neared the car Lucas saw Sara with the keys trying to cut her wrist! Lucas erupted at the door and attempted to open the door. Sara had locked it! "Sara, open this door right now!" Screamed Lucas. "We can't let our daughter live like this!" Cried Sara as she continued to saw her wrist.

Lucas eventually ripped the door open and helped the nurse arrange Sara in the chair. The nurse immediately called on several doctors to deliver the baby.

"Push Sara!" Stated the doctor in a stern voice. "Push!" Sara exhaled and squeezed Lucas's hand as she gave her final push. Sara cried as she heard her daughters voice. "She needs medical attention stat!" Yelled the doctor in a worried voice. Sara screamed at the doctor " Give me my baby! Where are you going?"

Sara tried to leave but was stopped by several nurses. "You need to remain calm!" Stated the nurse between forceful breaths. "Bring me my baby!" Sara cried over and over. "You're going to be okay." Said the nurse before she added morphine to Sara's IV drip. Sara tried to focus on Lucas but failed to before she succumbed to the dark clouds of her sleep.