Chapter 6: Today's The Day

Today is the day that everything changes. Today I'm going to make friends.

I made this revelation last night while I was playing with my doll. I figured that if I made at least one friend today, then I can be happy. We can play together, eat together, and study together. I, April Zaro, will make a friend today!

I walk onto the bus with a new confidence. I hear comments like "Whats with her?" And "Maybe she got some new meds." But I didn't care. They were shadows in the dark. When I walked into the school I walked with a new found purpose. I was on a high that no one could stop. Life was great until I ran into a wall. I don't mean literally ran into a 'wall' it was a very tall boy with wavy blond hair. He had ocean blue eyes, and a dark tan.

If I knew what love was I swear this was it. I thought that he might feel the same way because he even said "Hi." He never screamed or ran. I was definitely in love! "What's your name?" He asked. "Zaro, April Zaro." I said while blushing. "My name is Cody. Cody Hunter." Today was off to a great start!

For the rest of the day we were inseparable. He even let me sit with him and his friends! After school he helped me with my math homework. When we finished he walked me home. "See you tomorrow!" He said before leaving. "Bye." I replied.

When I walked through the door I was elated. "What's up, how was school?" Mom asked with a curious hue to her voice. "I made a friend today!" I practically screamed! His name is Cody, he's tall, he has blue eyes, he has long hair..." "Okay, okay." No said impatiently. "Finish your homework before we leave for the movies. It is your birthday, isn't it?" My mom chided. I had completely forgot! I turned eight today! "My homework's already done. Cody helped me." I explained. Now lets go to the movies!