Chapter 7: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

It's really too bad that not all people were as nice as Cody. There are some people who are just plain mean. In grade 3, this category included Blaine Mory. She was an Alpha. Blaine had the looks, the clothes, the money, and the skills. Blaine was born with a hatred for me. I have no idea why but its the way it was. The only thing I was good at was cooking. And although I didn't believe so, most people say I have a knack for art. Blaine made as best of an attempt at bullying me as she could. Her favorite thing to do was knocking my books out of my hands. She also called me ugly and hit me.

However, Blaine got her payback. You see, lots of the teachers feel bad for me and watch out for me. One day Blaine timed her bullying wrong and hit me really hard. Then she called me an 'ugly bitch' and spit in my face. Little did she realize that Mrs. Baker, my favorite teacher, was standing right behind her. Blaine was immediately hauled to the office. That was the last time I had ever seen of Blaine again!

Cody helped me with my homework again that night. However, I just couldn't seem to get the math that we were doing. Cody was normally really calm and helpful, but I could tell he was getting frustrated. I tried for a little longer and gave up. In a flustered mess I threw my books on the floor. I asked Cody "What is it? What's wrong with me? Nobody likes me, and everyone but you bullies me!" "April, there is nothing wrong with you, I like you. That's all that matters." Cody said in the most sincere, and caring voice.

I don't know why, but I thought it felt right. I leaned in for a kiss, and so did Cody! It was the most magical thing ever! That is until I fell off the chair. I was so embarrassed that I started to cry. I said my goodbyes as I was gathering my books. When I left I ran home as fast as I could. I thought that this was the most confusing day ever! How could a day be so terribly bad, and so amazingly good?