The Little Brother

He was the third son of Lady Karissa and the only son and second child of Lord Richard William Carey

He was the answer to his father's prayers when he was born on September 21, 2289, when his father heard his cries loud and clear and Lord David William Beck proudly called out to his third cousin, Lord Richard William Beck " It's a son, Lord Richard William Carey."

Lord David William Beck Senior washes, dresses Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey out in his arms to meet his father who had waited for his birth since 1970, but before he was born he was presented with his heiress, Lady Caroline Matilda who had turned five years old when her father turned 39 years old on June 21.

Lord Benjamin Lawrence was named for his late maternal grandfather, Benjamin Lawrence Lowell who had died of radiation sickness on Post World War Three Planet Earth in 2270.

One thing about all of Lady Karissa's sons that they were all three of the most handsome men of Star-Base 12 and at the time of the births they were created Dukes on Star-Base 12 and two were the great-great-great-grandsons of Lord Patrick William Howard and one was the great-great-great-great-great-grandson of Lord Patrick William Howard, the first Duke of Norfolk Territory in 2159 and with Lady Margaret Penelope Devereux and their son, Lord Frederick William Howard and his wife, Lady Jeanette Virginia Beaufort who had three handsome sons and one beautiful daughter helped created a dynasty on Star-Base 12.

Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey was born with a crop of golden blonde hair, golden skin and golden brown eyes just like his father, Lord Richard William Carey and his oldest sister, Lady Caroline Matilda resembled their paternal great-great-grandmother, Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard.

Then again, Lord Frederick William Howard Senior's Duchess, Lady Jeanette Virginia Beaufort was renown for her beauty in her age but she was born to a very free-thinking father, Lord Edmund Beaufort who believes that his children should be allowed to marry for love rather then capital gain, as Lady Jeanette was his heiress.

Lady Jeanette Virginia Beaufort didn't have to marry Lord Frederick William Howard if she didn't want to as her father left it up to her on the day he asked her to marry him and she asked " What will marriage bring to me?"

Lord Frederick William Howard looks at Lady Jeanette Virginia and he tells her "I will give you children?"

"Any man can give me my children, Lord Frederick William Howard, and what else will this marriage with you give me?" Lady Jeanette asks.

"I will make you my Duchess." Lord Frederick William tells her.

"I am going to be a Duchess in my own right, but I can tell you one thing, Lord Frederick William Howard, if you are hoping that our marriage will bring your family to my father's territory of Lancaster it won't happen. I will give it to my brother, Lord Thomas Beaufort." Lady Jeanette states.

"It will remain within what my father started with your father, Lord Patrick William Howard." Lady Jeanette tells him.

Nonetheless, Lady Jeanette Virginia Beaufort marries Lord Frederick William Howard in 2182 and in 2183, she gives birth to the first of their four children, Lord Frederick William Howard II, Lord Charles Andrew in 2185, Lady Sophia Charlotte in 2190 and Lord Andrew Charles in 2195.