Chapter 4 - Night out.

A/N - It's now 6 weeks holidays for the kids! I have a few holidays coming up, 2 weeks from next week and  1 week on the last week of August. I work a full time job, as well as taking care of my two year old full time (not a single parent, my partner just works longer hours than I do😅) Luckily I work from home and am pretty good at what I do so I can bash out my paid work early and get some more writing done when my daughter isn't here and in bed. We have also just bought a house in April and are in the middle of doing it up which is also very time consuming too. But I enjoy writing so once my holiday is over I'll be writing more, so the next few chapters may be released slowly. Thanks for your patience xxx

I wasn't hugely into bright and bold makeup,  I did however like my fake eyelashes, those, with some brow gel, bronzer, concealer, a small amount of foundation and blush did me the trick. I wore a long black and white skirt with a black spaghetti strap top and a leather jacket to finish. I spritzed some perfume and checked my top was tucked in nicely once more. I kept my fake ID under my mattress, in between the wooden slats. I kept my 'secret' things in an obvious place as I believed my Mum thought I was more sneaky and intelligent and would hide things in more difficult to find places. Sort of reverse psychology I guess. I twirled my hair round to make sure the curls I'd spent ages doing stayed in place. It was then, the door bell rang. I picked up my shoulder bag and I turned to leave the bedroom. I could see Bolton's shilouette through the frosted glass pains in the front door. I walked to the bottom of the stairs and unlocked the door.
"Hi," I smiled, Bolton was stood a few meters from the door looking up and around the exterior of the house. His face was a picture.
"I was beginning to think I got the wrong house," He began, as I held the door open enough for him to enter. "Woah, this is Ms Mason's house?" He walked in, looking into the living room. "That is the biggest TV I have ever seen!"
"Don't go in there," I suddenly gasped, putting my hand out to stop him. "We don't wear shoes on the carpet, she'll know!" I laughed. Bolton sort of laughed too. "I'll just grab my shoes then I'll be ready," I turned away from the lounge and walked into the kitchen.
"You have one of them breakfast bars!" Bolton gasped, running his fingers along the white and grey marble countertop.
"There's a dining room out the back and we use this as a utility room. 3 bedroom, two bathrooms," I laughed, shaking my head. "It's nothing posh, just nice for what money she makes," I explained, grabbing my heeled boots from the shoe cupboard.
"We could never afford to live in a place like this," Bolton sighed, making his way back to the front door with me.
"That's why I'm helping you with your grades, so one day you can afford to own a place like this," I laughed, slamming the door closed behind me and locking the door. I poked my keys back through the letter box, just incase I lost them later on. You never knew who would pick them up.
"You really think I could afford something like this one day?" Bolton asked, still looking gobsmacked at the exterior of the house. I stood beside him and looked up at our house, it was nothing big and great. Just a nice little semi-detached house, with a big front and back garden.
"Why wouldn't you be able to?" I replied, looking up to him, as he was significantly taller than me. I linked his arm and began pulling him away from the driveway. "You could get anything you wanted if you put your mind to it,"
"But you come from an upper class family, my Mum works in the school canteen and I don't even know who my Dad is," Bolton sighed as we walked down the street.
"Upper class? Are you pulling my leg?" I laughed into my elbow. "My Mum is middle class, at best, even then absolutely everything she's got came from bettering herself and her career. She came from a toxic household of which she now has no relationship with and she had no money and no education. It's also very bold of you to presume I have a Dad,"
"I just always presumed you'd have a Dad," Bolton whispered. "Mason doesn't seem like the type to get knocked up by a random,"
"Well I obviously do have a Dad, out there somewhere, but I don't know where he is and I'm not interested to know. Me and Mum manage just fine without him," I smiled, Bolton looked down at me and smiled back.
"You know, my Mum use to send birthday cards to me pretending they were from my Dad," He laughed back at me.
"Mine did too, until I sussed her out and she had to confess he wasn't interested in me," I chucked, he smirked back.
"Must have been hard, though. Finding out your Dad didn't want to know. That he wasn't who you thought he was," Bolton implied, I presumed that this was coming from his own experience when the truth came out in his family.
"Not necessarily," I replied, looking left and right before we crossed the road to get up onto the main high street. "My Mum hasn't got any family, she has a sister but she's a loon and we haven't seen her for years. But she has no parents, no Aunties or Uncles or any of that crap. So I guess it wasn't that big deal to me not having a Dad since I already only have ever had my Mum as family, if that makes sense?"
"Oh yeah, I get that," Bolton replied.