CHAPTER 20

I tell him all the difficulties that had happened. From the way I found him until the moment that I put him to sleep after visiting the doctor. Of course, I skip what happened between us... We see the sign that tells us that we are in the village and take the first turning on the right. I drive to the hotel where Cesar has booked the room on the road. The hotel is not too big, but is has been open for more than thirty years, and according to the owners it's a good business. Besides being the only one in the area, it's also famous for its restaurant. Luckily, there were a couple of rooms available when he called and he booked the biggest one.

I park in the designated area, and I help him with his packages. He has too many things. Among them, several towels and a bed sheet. According to what he said to me when we were packing, he is quite a particular about hygiene.

'Good evening,' I say without looking at the person who is behind the reception desk.

'Natalia?' I turn and I see him. It's Miguel Angel's father, a great friend of mine. The one that I shared my first kiss with, a couple of years ago.

'Blas!' I run to greet him. Blas, is my father's friend.

'How are you, beautiful? It's been years since I last saw you,' he says while looking at me. 'I always ask your father for news about you and he tells me that you are very busy.'

'As you can see,' I say. 'More or less as always, a lot of work and too little time to come.'

'That's good, missy, it's important to have a job, but family is even more important,' he looks at the bags I have in my hands. 'How is it that you've come to my hotel, having your parents' house so close?'

'Oh, I'm not staying here,' I say as my face turns red. I'm sure that he believes we are a couple. 'I only came to bring to Cesar, he is going to spend a few days here.'

Cesar comes closer to me, understanding what my father's friend has implied, and without thinking twice he puts his hand on my waist and kisses my head. I look at him and he smiles naughtily.

I frown, because I know what he is trying to do. He's playing with me to make me feel ashamed. I formally introduce them and we head to his room. Blas hands the keys to Cesar. He wishes us a good night and you winks an eye when he believes that I'm not looking.

'Very funny,' I say while depositing several travel bags on his bed-. Now the entire town will think that we're a couple.

'I hope that is the worst thing they would say,' he laughs loudly as he begins to unpack his luggage.

'Well, I don't think it's funny,' I say. 'People in this village like to gossip a lot, and as soon as they can they will make a movie about us. Soon they will even say that we are expecting!' he bursts into laughter.

'Taking away the part of the children...' just when he was about to finish his sentence my phone rings.

It's the phone number of my parents' house. I answer it.

'Hello?'

'Natalia, baby, we're concerned. We think you're taking too long.' It's my mother, and she's right, I should have called to let her know that I was here already.

'Don't worry, mom, I came with a friend and have brought him to the hotel. He is going to spend a week here. I'll be with you in fifteen minutes.'

'A friend?' her tone is cheerful. Cesar turns his head towards me at that time, my mother speaks so loudly that know that he is listening too. 'Why don't you bring him home tomorrow to eat?'

'No, mom, I don't think that's a good idea.' My mother is always so hospitable.

'Of course it is, baby, if he's your friend we would like to meet him,' she insists.