Chapter 4

I pulled my jeans and band shirt on. In the other room, Sarah sat nonchalantly on my bed, flipping through another Justin Bieber magazine. I debated on the my shoes. Heels, looking sexy and playable, or Converse, practical and easy to run away in. So as not to kill him with my looks and to go with my shirt, I pulled my Batman Converse out. Sarah got up and began noticing something out the window.

   "He's here," she stated. I looked out and saw his big black truck pulling in. I ran down the stairs and opened the door right as he rang the doorbell. He was leaning against the wall, grinning.

   "Couldn't wait to go on a date with me that long, could you?" His eyes twinkled in the porch light and he led me to his truck. It had a huge stereo that blasted my eardrums to pieces. He grinned again at my ear-clutching.

  "Tell me how excited I've ever been about you, I dare you." The trip to the cinema took much less time than it usually would have if he had been going the speed limit.

   We pulled into the parking lot. While purchasing tickets to our movie, they offered us popcorn. Brendan glanced at me, started to say no, when I butted in and ordered a large with butter. He stared at me, and I glared at him. He shrugged and paid for it.

   "Ah, I see you're a big fan of popcorn." He waggled his eyebrows at me when we handed our tickets to the guy who takes the stubs off.

   "Yes, and if you touch it, I will bite your hand off." I clutched it protectively. He laughed and opened the door to the theatre.

   Red Riding Hood made me giggle for a lot of it. The absurdity, and blood, and gore made me want to roll on the floor and laugh. I have to admit, though, that Peter was pretty good looking. At the end, where Valerie goes to her grandma's house, and she eats Grandma soup, I almost died laughing at Brendan's expression. He looked like he wanted to puke. My popcorn was gone before the movie was half-over, so instead of letting my hand just sit on the arm rest, Brendan thought he should hold it. And clench it whenever he saw blood. Pansy.

   On the way out, when I threw away my bucket, I saw the last traces of green leave his face. This time it was my turn to laugh.

   "Don't do well with blood?" I inquired.

   "There was an incident when I was a kid, and if you tell anyone, I won't buy you popcorn next time." He narrowed his eyes at me. Next time, huh? Someone has high hopes.

   On the way home, he broke the speed limit by fifteen miles per hour, so it took very little time to get to his house. Wait, his house? I quickly thought out a plan and smiled quietly to myself. Time for some fun.

   He killed the engine, and led me up to his porch. I went along, acting as if I was interested. Brendan opened the door, and when inside. I followed, but made sure the door was open, but not enough to be noticed by Brendan. I didn't have to worry too much, since the lights were off, and there was only a little amount of moonlight coming in.

   He turned to me, and stroked my cheek. I turned my face into it, and he kissed my jaw, trailing kisses down my neck. Our lips grazed, and his hands slid along my back. Brendan drew back for a second, and I took my chance. His eyes were closed and I grinned to myself.

   I opened the door and took off down the street. I heard his yelps of confusion behind me and I laughed. My house wasn't so far I needed a ride, but it was still pretty far to run. I heard him yelling at me, but I laughed at him. The night air felt good, and I was glad I came on the date just so I could've done this.

   When I opened my door, Sarah pounced on me. I let out a strangled cry as I fell on to the floor with her on top of me. I finally mangaged to shove her off and she sat on the couch, peering at me curiously. I raised my eyebrow and she shrugged.

   "How was your date?"

   [A/N: Sorry it took so long, but I went braindead until this morning. I hope you enjoyed it, and I'm sorry it wasn't as long as I had hoped. Happy killings! ]