ANNE KART

I rode to Mrs Myears, a tiny lady with an amazing taste for food. I stopped right beside her house as Mrs Myears came outside with a plate of seasoned salad with Parmesan cheese on top, with a side of garlic bread.

"Mrs. Myears you didn't have to make me all this," I said with a happy look on my face.

"Oh what nonsense, my lovely Anny poo has to fill her stomach. Here eat up" Mrys Myears said.

As I ate the dish a few boys started gathering around at the front of Saint-Jewel Church.

"They look suspicious, Mrs. Myears, what do you think they're up to?" I said with a curious expression.

"Oh my they are here already. Hunny gets inside. You're not going to school today. Let me contact your parents." Mrs Myears said with a concerned look.

"Mrs Myears, what are they doing? And why are you so scared?" I said loudly.

The boys turned around, and started walking towards us. Mrs Myears pulled me inside the house. I looked outside through the window. I nearly fainted at the sight of bloody bats in their hands.

"Howdy Mrs Myears, who ya got inside your house there?" a grumpy man said.

"I-I, I am s-sorry my granddaughter i-is very curious, i-it won't happen again..." Mrs Myears said while muttering.

"It better not, or you know what will happen if that brat says anything to anyone." the grumpy man said swiftly.

The man walked back to his group and they started terrorizing anyone who they saw. Mrys Myears closed the door. She walked over to me and gave a quick hug before getting up to call my parents. Still in shock I brought myself to the kitchen where I got a glass of water.

Mrs Myears had brought out a painting set for me to paint on, as painting was the only thing that calmed me down.

"Mrs Myears... who were those men?"I asked.

"They work for the mafia, the man I was talking to is named Fready Monster. He vandalizes people and kills them with a bat only sparing some people. The mafia's goal is to lead a revolution into America. They feed on the lousy cops and government like nothing. No one is coming to help us, we just have to help ourselves." Mrs Myears said.

Shivers ran down me and Mrs Myears back when a loud crash came from the windows. Mrs Myears and I ran to the front door and found a man soaking with blood. He was bruised badly and his legs filled with sharp glass going through him.

"Ah Mrs Myears, sorry for the window. I will tell my boss to pay for it. Is that your little granddaughter if I may ask?" Fready said sternly.

"Y-yes I-I a-am..." I muttered.

Fready pulled me towards him.

"Listen kid you tell anyone about this your head will be chopped off" Fready said

"Fready let's not... I-I mean you're a busy man, you shouldn't waste our time on kids." Mrs Myears said.

Fready pushed me away, and walked out of the house. Dragging the bloody body with him. Two men then came in and cleaned up the window and blood.

All the men had left the neighborhood.

My parents parked their car outside, running into the house scared about what happened to me.

"Oh my dear Anne, you're okay," my mum said. "I would've died if anything happened to you."

"Mother, I am fine... I just want to stay here for a while. Is that okay?" I asked my mother.