Chapter 5- Loyalty

We had defeated the Vampires on the spot, all Vampires in front of me were either dead or on their way to meet death. As I contemplated such a scene, I fell forward, loosing consciousness. All I felt before completely falling from exhaustion and corruption, was someone catching me before I touched the ground. As for who it was, I had no idea, so I had completely lost consciousness. After hours of rest, I woke up, and the first face I saw was of a woman looking directly at me, hoping for something to happen. As I opened my eyes, the woman called everyone, I was still a little off, yet I knew who was approaching. Before they did, the woman had taken a good look at my upper body, and she blushed. I did not understand what exactly she was blushing for, until I looked and noticed I had no shirt to cover my upper body, so my muscles were exposed for her eyes to witness. I felt I little embarrassed when I noticed, but as soon as the team entered along side Halfdan, it was changed to a feeling of total happiness.  We had won against the Vampire invasion, I smiled, until I saw Halfdan's face, he did not seem too happy about such a victory. I lost my smile quickly and expected a response from him about his mood.

-Rizotto, right? Well, I have bad news..- Said Halfdan serious

-I am all ears, I have rested for hours already- I said looking at him

-That was not their complete forces last night..- Said Halfdan feeling angry

-I see, I mean.. It was a little too easy don't you think?- I said while looking down

-What do you mean?- Asked Kuro

-Well, even if their tactics did seemed like they were trying, they were still a little too slow for all of us...- I said analyzing the battle

-...Their numbers did dwindle, do not get me wrong, if they are planning something, their chances at success have decreased significally...- I continued

-...But it does mean that whatever they have left, is far stronger than what we have witness last night, so this means the next assault will be, without a doubt, the last attempt at eradicating us- I finished

      Everyone in the room, including the out of place woman, were frozen in awe at my analysis. They could not believe that whatever the Vampires have in store is far greater in strength than what we faced the night before. I for a change, was not too surprised about it, for I did feel uneasy about the whole battlefield. Taku on the other hand, was not too worried about the state of affairs, he was more concerned about my well being, I had unleashed a very powerful technique and been out for hours.

-How are you, Rizotto?- Asked Taku looking straight at me

-I am well rested I can say, but I guess I will need a little more time to rest- I replied

-What was that you unleashed last night? We all knew it was our only chance at eliminating the enemy in one blow, but we were not aware of you're power- Said Taku looking shocked

-While the uneasiness stroke all of us, the sword started speaking to me, as if it knew I needed this technique for this precise moment... It's called "Oni Ghost Slash"- I said remembering the scene

      Everyone stood in awe again, amazed that such a technique was even possible. It comes to no surprise that the Shadow Arms are extraordinary weapons, they do not follow logic. This would ultimately mean that our capabilities should not follow physics as everyone understands it, we extent further than normal logic. Halfdan was stunned, not even the Ragvindir have managed to attain such power, our power was to be feared if used against them, but he did not fear, for he knew I was still a humble person deep in my soul. He smiled as he saw us all interact with each other, he looked at the woman and dismissed her with signals. When the woman stood up, I quickly looked at her, she looked back at me as she stood in the doorway, and then left. I was interested in this woman's identity, she looked as she had been taking care of me for all those hours, without rest. After a while, I searched for my Arm, looking around the room until I saw it resting in front of the bed, I was scared, how did my sword made it there. I started to speculate many scenarios, thinking of who might have touched the sword. But Halfdan calmed my worry, in short, he told me that the sword flew by itself, and followed me until I reached the room, and in the room it took a few spins before resting where it is now. I was relieved to know that the sword was not touched thus meaning no one was killed by it, I was very happy to know this which eased my worry. I thank everyone, gave some tasks to the others and dismissed them, as I wanted to rest for a while longer. Halfdan however, did not have planned to let me rest, so he proceeded to ask some questions.