Chapter one (1)

Smith Donalds, a 17-year-old high school student, was born into a life of opulence and power. As the second child of the influential and notorious politician couple, Mr. and Mrs. Donalds, he had always known the comforts of privilege. His older sister, four years his senior, had long been groomed to inherit their parents' empire, comprising the country's largest companies and organizations.

Smith's social circle consisted of Perry and Tyler, friends since middle school. Born into a life of opulence and power, his every move was scrutinized. Their influence was suffocating.

Smith's secret terrified him: his attraction to men. He remembered his cousin's fate all too well. After coming out as gay, his parents disowned and abandoned him. The memory haunted Smith, fueling his fear of rejection.

Within his tight-knit circle, Smith found solace. Perry, the vibrant heartbeat of the group, could lift anyone's spirits. Tyler, the analytical genius, kept them grounded. Together, they navigated the complexities of high school.

But Smith's charm and good looks made him a magnet for attention. Eyes followed him everywhere, drawn to his chiseled features and piercing gaze. He loathed being the center of attention, a constant reminder of his family's suffocating grip.

Despite his picture-perfect life, Smith harbored a secret: his attraction to men. Fearful of acceptance, he attempted to suppress his desires by dating a girl, but the relationship fizzled within a week. His gaze would wander, drawn to the strong jawlines and piercing eyes of men.

Blessed with striking features, Smith was a magnet for admirers from both genders. He indulged in fleeting dates with wealthy peers, but meaningful connections eluded him. That was until Eddie entered his life, shattering the facade of Smith's gilded existence.

One fateful day, Smith collided with a stranger at a cafe. Apologetic smiles were exchanged, but their eyes never met. The brief encounter left no lasting impression – until they crossed paths again at their high school graduation.

Eddie, a third-year medical student, had attended the ceremony to support his younger brother. Their eyes locked, and Smith felt an undeniable spark. Eddie's warm smile and gentle demeanor captivated him.

As they conversed, Smith discovered Eddie's family was wealthy, though not comparable to the Donalds' empire. More surprisingly, Eddie's family was deeply religious, yet they had ultimately accepted him after his courageous coming out.

Smith's world began to shift. For the first time, he envisioned a life where love and acceptance weren't mutually exclusive. But the shadows of his family's dark legacy loomed, threatening to destroy his newfound hope.

Smith's growing feelings for Eddie awakened a sense of rebellion. He began questioning his family's values and the true cost of their wealth.

Eddie and Smith's whirlwind romance had reached new heights. Their dates were filled with laughter, and their love grew stronger with each passing day. Smith had never felt this way before.

One fateful evening, Eddie drove Smith home, unaware of the danger lurking ahead. As they pulled up to Smith's mansion, they shared a fleeting kiss under the stars.

But their intimacy was short-lived. Mr. Donalds' car approached, and Smith's world crumbled. His father's eyes blazed with fury as he witnessed the kiss.

"Guards!" Mr. Donalds bellowed, slamming his car door. "Take this... thing away!"

Smith's parents would stop at nothing to maintain their reputation. Their network of influential connections made them untouchable.

The weight of Smith's secret threatened to crush him. Would he find the courage to defy his family's expectations, or would the shadows consume him?

Thank you for reading this far. What do you think about this chapter? I would sincerely appreciate your comments on it. Any corrections will also be appreciated. I love you all.
Chapter Two loading......