Chapter 16: RIP Montag's House

Tw: character death

~

"Beatty-san, what are you doing?" You called out to your husband who was putting on his coat.

"Something I should have done a while ago," Beatty grumbled.

"But you said Montag-kun wasn't real."

Beatty stayed silent. He opened the front closet and pulled out a giant torch.

"Wait.." it hit you, "you... you lied to me, Beatty-sama!"

"I did it to protect you!" Beatty snapped.

Your eyes widened as he admitted it and you ran to the door. Suddenly, a hand grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards them. Your eyes met with Beatty's. Tears were beginning to swell.

"Sorry, (Y/N)-senpai, i can't have you ruin this," he had a crazed look in his eyes and an insane smile.

He threw open the closet door and tossed you inside before shutting and locking it.

"Beatty-san! Don't do this!" You cried out, banging on the door.

"I'm doing this for us, my love," was all Beatty said before he left.

You spent the next 10 minutes throwing your body against the closet door. You could feel your arm bruising but it didn't matter. You had to get out and stop your crazed husband and save your best friend.

Suddenly, the door opened and you fall on the ground.

You looked up to see your hero.

"Goo goo," Light was chewing on another key.

"Oh, Light, you smart baby!" You hugged him and then set him down before running to Montag's house. Your legs burned but you didn't care.

Upon arriving to his house, you saw it on fire and could hear the screaming of your best friend in the fire.