13. Payback

Mateo wrapped his arms around my waist, so that my back rested against his chest.
"She'll be fine Linnie." He assured me, his cheek resting on my head.

I nodded.

I knew that, but me and Taylor hadn't been apart for more than a weekend before.

"I know she will, I'm just going to miss her."

"Well, it's a good thing you have me then."
Mateo said, and I turned around to look at him.
I smiled happily at him.

"When are we really going to six-flags?"
I asked.
He raised an eyebrow at me "We're not going to six flags at all."

I pouted, my lips turned downward "Well why not?"

He smirked at me "You'll just have to wait and see."

"This is payback, isn't it?"

"Absolutely."

I sighed.

I looked around at the parking lot, we were alone, accept for the few dozen cars that belonged to both the teachers and some of the students had cars also, like Teo.

"Hey!" My heart stilled at the light, feminine voice.

We both turned to see a girl that looked about seventeen, she had slightly tanned skin, long wavy dirty blonde hair, and sparkling honey eyes that were all too familiar.

"J-Jane." I gasped.

She stopped about six feet away.
She glanced at Mateo.

He looked back and forth between us.
His gaze settled on me "Who is she Braelynn?"

This wasn't unusual, he only used my nickname in front of the people he knew.

I sighed, this wasn't going to be a fun story, and I wasn't really ready for it.

But it was going to come out one way or another, and I'd rather him hear about it from me than anyone else.

"She is my long-distance best friend-" I hesitated "She is also my ex's sister."

He stared at me, his eyebrows scrunched together in thought.

"Your ex?" He said finally.

I blew out a breath "Yeah, my ex."

I turned to Jane "Why are youhere? Why now?" I was fighting back the urge to cry, my eyes stinging.

She almost looked like she was in pain, her own eyes shining with unshed tears.

"He's got Liam and Paisley."

My eyes widened "No" the world was spinning "That son of a bitch!" I yelled.

My tears were beginning to spill over, "This can't be happening, Jane. He's going to kill Liam." I was going to pass out if I didn't calm down, but it was impossible.

"Would either one of you care to explain to me what the hell is going on?" Mateo was watching us, confused.

My knees were getting wobbly "T-Teo." I whispered, then the world went black, and my feet slid out from underneath me.

OoOoOoOoOo

Jane above^^

What do you guys think?
What's going to happen next?

Answer in the comments!

Baiii~💗💗💗