How I became a professional lier at 6

I just remembered this, and decided to write it.

When I was in kindergarten we had a system for our behavior. If we were good we had a green card if we did something bad our color would change to yellow and the teacher would call your parents. If we did something very bad our color would change to red if that happened we had to go to the principals office. If you were really good they would change your card to purple and you would get a treat (or something like that).

If your color was yellow and you were good the rest of the day the teacher would change it back to green.

Anyways, I had gotten into trouble and my card was still yellow at the end of the day. I was afraid of getting in trouble with my mom.

So I stole my name tag and threw it in the trash without anyone knowing.

My teacher didn't know for about a week.

When asked where my name tag was, I said no, like a lier.

We had recently had gotten a new student then so she thought she did something with it when setting up the new kid's stuff.

She believed this theory even more when she found out that she put the new kid's name on two name tags.

She flipped over one of the name tags and that one became mine.

If you don't know what I'm talking about there is a picture at the beginning of the chapter.

To this day she still doesn't know, and neither do my parents.