♤bounty on her head♤

10....

          King Reagan...

“Checkmate “ I state to my wife as I win our chess game for the thousandth time. She sucks but I love Chess, so I settle for her.

“Evie is the only one who dares to beat me at chess.” I laugh heartily and suddenly remember my rule.

No one, will dare mention her name in this castle. Or you will be banished from Ireland.

That day I made that rule, I cried myself to sleep. Yes, even though I try to hide the pain, I miss my little girl. Her disobedience and betrayal cut through me like a sharp dagger. Her absence has filled this Castle with such darkness, that it feels haunted.

Haunted by the ghost of her
memories. Her tiny feet when she would walk into my room to learn how to play chess or how she would water her lily flowers every morning. “It gives me peace” she said. I wipe the tear that drops from my eyes and my wife takes the chessboard to our bedroom safe. My disoriented mind takes me back to the day I married her off the Russian mob boss.

He had threatened to seize a lot of my shipment in Russia and after much consideration I gave Evie to him in exchange for my goods. She locked herself up for days and refused to eat. On the fourth day, I forcefully opened the door only to find her in her own pool of blood. My heart raced and I immediately regretted my decision. When we got to the hospital, the doctor told us how fortunate we were to have brought her at that time. A week after her recovery, she willingly agreed to marry llias Dimitri Ivanov. He was known in Russia as d’yavol because of his ruthless nature. When the wedding preparations started Evie seemed more excited than I expected her to be. After the wedding she suddenly stopped talking to us. After three years, we were not even a part of her life. A few weeks ago I find out that Dimitri is bed ridden and she has disappeared from the face of this earth. She seized my goods and has seized half of Ireland.

“King Reagan, you have a visitor.” One of my servants interrupts my train of thoughts and I nod, signalling her to go. Queen Maeve, my wife joins in me in my big living room as we watch Vladislav’s ugly face. He smirks and I cringe.

“Reagan. “ He bows and walks towards my wife takes her hands and kisses it.
“Maeve.” He says with  dark humour. She pulls from his hold and rubs off his spit.
“It’s Queen Maeve to you.” She sternly warns and he laughs heartily.
“Isn’t my daughter divorced to your brother? What do you want?” I ask as I sit on my throne. He sits on the chair on the left side of the room while Queen Maeve sits on her throne Close to mine.
“Evie..” I cut him off with my hands and called my guards to seize him.
“Listen to me Reagan, I know how you could get half of your kingdom back. I know where Evie is.” I stop my guards and signal  him to continue. He straightens his suit jacket and clears his throat. I raise a brow at him and ask my servants to get him a glass of water. He gulps it down.

“Speak!! Before I have my guards slit your throat.” I command.
“I met Evie at a ball. She didn’t know that I would be present and I didn’t think she would come either. Ever since then, I have had people follow her. I know how to get you back her share of the kingdom, if...”
“If what?” I cut in, disliking where the conversation was heading. He smirks and Queen Maeve scoffs at him. I have always hated Vladislav and his brother Dimitri but I hate Evie more.

“I would like to put a bounty on her head. Any man who can bring princess Evie’s head to me would be rewarded.” His thick Russian accent echoes through the mighty walls of my Palace. I look at Queen Maeve and she returns it with a look of disapproval but I nod at Vladislav, accepting his condition.
My heart sinks at my decision because I love my daughter but she has become a threat to the throne and anyone who is a threat to the throne should be eliminated. It is rule made before I was born. I see Queen Maeve’s protest from the corner of my eyes and it tears me apart. A mother’s heart, so fragile yet so strong. She nods at my decision reluctantly and Vladislav laughs hard, roaring through my palace.

I have just signed my daughter’s death sentence.

I hum as I watch Vladislav and his men leave my Palace with a bounty on my daughter’s head.

“Reagan. How can you be this heartless? Doesn’t Evie mean anything to you anymore?” She shouts loud enough to be heard by everyone in the Palace. Her voice come out defeated but she tries to hide it. I fold my arms across my chest and stare at my wife, trying to understand her pain. Maybe I didn’t understand how mad she is as her voice drowns in my thoughts and all I can hear is myself hating me for my decision.
But I’m King Reagan Barry O’Brien and I protect the throne no matter what. I walk out of my bedroom, leaving Queen Maeve in hot tears.

I hate King Reagan but Evie is a bad bitch she'll handle it.