nineteen

hadden sat on the floor of the merch room, going through new boxes of fanmail that had recently been sent in and helping dream organize them all.

"this is so sweet," hadden said as she carefully placed another letter in the binder. "is this not completely overwhelming to you?"

dream shrugged as he lifted a painting onto a tall shelf.

"it can be. definitely with the more personal letters. does fanmail overwhelm you?"

"i've never opened a mailbox for this sort of thing. i didn't figure i would have enough people that would wanna send anything. so anytime i see stuff like this its on twitter."

"well i think you should. if people are making stuff on twitter then they would most likely want to send it to you," dream crossed his legs and sat next to hadden on the floor. "what time do you fly out tomorrow?"

"around 11 in the morning. so i'll probably try and have everything packed up tonight." hadden answered sadly.

"are you excited to be back home?" dream pressed as he noticed the shift in her attitude.

"not really. i've had such a good time being here and i just don't have a lot going on at home. there's no one really near me there except for my parents i guess." hadden didn't mean to sound so depressing, but thats pretty much how she viewed her situation.

clay leaned over and wrapped his arms around the girl who was much smaller than him.

"you can always come back, you know? even once george is moved in we will make room for you. maybe you should even look at moving down here. since your friends are here and everything."

"maybe i will. thanks dream." she gave him a quick squeeze back.

he stood up and offered his hands to pull her off of the floor. the two then went to the kitchen where nick had just arrived back with the dinner he said he was going to pick up. right before they all began eating, hadden got a text on her phone.

george
i hope you all arent eating the last family dinner without calling me

she quickly pressed the facetime button before propping her phone up at the end of the table.

"you were eating without me!" george yelled as soon as he answered.

the four sat and talked long past when they were finished eating. they dreamed about when george would finally get to america and the four would all get to be together in person.

"i should probably get going to start packing. thanks for dinner and thanks for joining us george." hadden said as she took her plate to the sink and dismissed herself to begin getting her things together.

once her room door was shut, nick and dream exchanged a few looks.

"think she's okay?" nick asked.

"she may want to just be alone for a bit. she was talking about being kinda upset of having to go back home."

nick went back to his room, hoping hadden was okay but wanting to give her some space. he couldn't believe that her trip was already almost over. it went so quick but held so many amazing memories for him.

he found himself so grateful to have hadden back in his life. when their original dispute occurred, he managed to convince himself that he would be okay without her by constantly distracting himself. he kicked his work routine into overdrive and began traveling more. he moved to florida to mix up his surroundings.

but now he didn't know how he made it so long without her.

about an hour later, while nick was sat at his desk speaking with quackity, he heard a knock on his door.

"come in!" nick turned and pulled his headphones off of one of his ears.

"hey- oh i'm sorry. i didn't know you were on a call." hadden said quietly, being a bit more reserved.

"no, it's just quackity. whats up?"

"just quackity? dude you aren't muted." quackity shouted into his headphones.

nick quickly muted before taking off his headphones to give hadden his full attention.

"i was wondering if you could come help me? i can't get my suitcase zipped up."

nick quickly nodded before following hadden. she was wearing some soft cotton shorts and one of nick's hoodies he had given her earlier in the week when he noticed her shivering.

in the room hadden's suitcase was sat in the middle of the floor. everything was neatly organized inside. but it seemed to not fit in the same way it did when she arrived.

"i've got it." nick said, putting his weight on top of the suitcase with one hand and zipping it up with the other.

"thanks," hadden said exhausted.

"whats going on?" nick could read her like a book and he was picking up on the nerves that covered her body.

hadden let out a long sigh as she laid back onto the floor, staring at the ceiling fan.

"i don't wanna go. i want to ignore any responsibilities i have back in texas and i want to stay here." she groaned before covering her face with her hands.

"you can be a drama queen, you know that?" nick giggled.

just as hadden started to sit up, ready to protest, she felt her body being picked up before nick threw her onto the bed.

"hey!" hadden laughed as she rolled onto her back.

"come on, you've only got a few more hours here. no more sad girl hours."

nick stood over her, his hands and knees on either side of her body. the room went silent as the two stared at each other. nick admired her every feature and hadden did the same for the boy hovering over her.

nick noticed how long he had been sitting there when he saw a light blush come to hadden's cheeks. he quickly moved over and laid next to her on the bed. close enough to make them itch to just feel the other's touch.

"you know i'd do anything for you, right?" as nick said this they both simultaneously turned their heads to look at each other. hadden furrowed her eyebrows for him to explain.

"like," nick continued. "once you're back home if you ever need me or if you just feel like you don't wanna be alone. you could ask and i would be on the soonest flight. or if you wanna come back here."

"i want you to stay here tonight. i-if thats okay."

without a second thought, nick pulled the blanket over both of their bodies, patting his chest with his hand to signal her to come closer. she responded with laying her head on his chest and wrapping her arm around his torso. he carefully held her waist against his body, not wanting to let go.