Chapter 4

Over the next week, Lia had met with each of the 6 princes and then think which one to marry.   

     Each prince asked her what will she do when she becomes queen and boring stuff like that. No one asked her about her favorite color or her hobbies. No one really cared about her except for her status as a princess. No one cared about the real her. No one saw past her crown. No one except for Kian. He was different. 

       "What do you like to do in your free time" the prince asked. 

      "Well, I don't have much free time, but when I do i like reading and listening to music" 

       "Cool. Who's your favorite singer?" 

      "I love Taylor Swift" 

      "Really?! No way! I like her too!" 

     "To be honest, I've never met a swiftie before" 

       "I'm honored to be the first" 

       They continued chatting about Taylor, about other singers and other things they enjoyed. Kian was really different. He saw the real her. Not the princess. She felt like she could be her real self around him. She didn't have to put on a fake act like she did with the other princes. 

        "Well, it seems like I must get going" 

        "Time flied so quickly" 

        "That is true. Goodbye, Lia" He took her hand and brought it up to his lips, placing a gentle kiss on it. 

        "Goodbye" Lia said, blushing. 

     After Kian left, Lia went to her room, throwing herself on the soft bed. She was so happy. Kian was just so...perfect. 

      The princess had a strange feeling in her stomach. She has had it while she was with Kian and every time she thought about him. Was it...was it love? Was she falling for Kian? No, that can't be. They just met. She went to find her mom. If somebody knew how love feels like, it would be her mother. 

     Lia found her reading a book in the library. "Hey mum, can I ask you something?" 

     "Sure, sweetie. What is it?" 

    "How does love feel like?" 

    "Well, you feel like there are hundreds of butterflies dancing in your stomach every time you are around them. You are willing to do everything for them and you want to spend the rest of your life with them. When you love someone, you know that you will do everything in your power to make that relationship work. When you love someone, you don't feel like you have to hide who you really are. When you love someone, you feel like you will go to the end of the universe to make them happy. That's how love feels like" (A/N: I'm not sure if I described love correctly. I've never been in love and I wrote this based on books that I've read)

    "Ok. Thanks, mum" 

   "Is it one of the princes?" 

  "Mom!" Lia groaned "What? You think you can ask me about love and then get away without questions?" 

   "I gotta go, mum. Bye" 

   "We'll talk about this later" the queen said as Lia was leaving. 

    The princess went straight to her room, closing the door behind her. She took her headphones, plugged them into her phone and let the music take her to another universe. The first song was Lover by Taylor Swift. (A/N: The music industry makes an appearance😏) 

    "We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January

      And this is our place, we make the rules
     And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear
     Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?
Lia felt like she has known Kian for a lifetime even tho she spend just a few hours with him    Can I go where you go?
    Can we always be this close forever and ever?
    And ah, take me out, and take me home
    You're my, my, my, my
    Lover

   We could let our friends crash in the living room

     This is our place, we make the call
     And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you
Lia was worried that the prince liked someone else. What if her fears were true? What if he didn't like her back? 
    I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all   Can I go where you go?
  Can we always be this close forever and ever?
  And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
  You're my, my, my, my
  Lover
  Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?
  With every guitar string scar on my hand
  I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover
  My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue
 All's well that ends well to end up with you
 Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover
 And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me
  And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover
  Can I go where you go?
  Can we always be this close forever and ever?
  And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
  You're my, my, my, my
  Oh, you're my, my, my, my
  Darling, you're my, my, my, my
  Lover" 

    The song ended and Lia realized that she was in love with Kian.